[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Sad to miss this and with a different route it makes it even more of a bummer. Will have serious FOMO.

Fancy helping out as a marshal?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last minute notification from CyclingSA’s technical commission... the U17 Boys have to race the 58Km event.

Existing entrants have been notified by email - anyone else wanting to enter in that category will default to the 58Km distance.

I'm sitting here flipping cents, counting them over and over and wondering if I can "afford" the R330 110km race.
It seems really fun, mostly flat, but I read the talks about the wind. I see they didn't get full road closure in the end and only partial closure with traffic calming?

I'm sitting here flipping cents, counting them over and over and wondering if I can "afford" the R330 110km race.

It seems really fun, mostly flat, but I read the talks about the wind. I see they didn't get full road closure in the end and only partial closure with traffic calming?

Can you ride in a bunch? Yes, hide from the wind...

160 marshals are spread throughout the route at every intersection on the route.

Can you ride in a bunch? Yes, hide from the wind...

160 marshals are spread throughout the route at every intersection on the route.

Guess I'm sold. Thank you Frosty :clap:

This will be my first road race entry- kind of lost between entering the open seeded or elite age group, not sure what the difference is. Can you advise please Frosty?

Promise I won't cause any bunch crashes!

Edited by Dirkitech

Guess I'm sold. Thank you Frosty :clap:

This will be my first road race entry- kind of lost between entering the open seeded or elite age group, not sure what the difference is. Can you advise please Frosty?

Promise I won't cause any bunch crashes!

Elites - you'll be done in under 2.5 hours and plenty time for a recovery craft beer, or 2, ore more.

Elites - you'll be done in under 2.5 hours and plenty time for a recovery craft beer, or 2, ore more.

:blush: :blush:  WHAT! I will be battling the 3:30 mark.

Thank you very much :thumbup:

if this is your first road race and you aren’t at elite level (licence and seeding) then you’ll be placed in open seeded.