[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obvious errors are corrected, but not today. Today is a recovery day... [emoji16]

If we do suspect riders turned short we won’t DQ, but rather allocate a 58Km time. The previous comment about them being sucked into the faster 58Km group is a big possibility.

As for the MTB and Trail Run, we saw a lot of guys with their heads down and completely missed the turn arrow.

I did the double. Mtb 60k in 2h22 and Road 109k in 2h56. Only gripe on the mtb route was the guys working on the railway line and blocked the whole path. Work must go on.

Road route. Flat and fast. Despite trying to, we could not break the bunch.

Other gripe was lack of shade at the end. But will be back next year

I did the double. Mtb 60k in 2h22 and Road 109k in 2h56. Only gripe on the mtb route was the guys working on the railway line and blocked the whole path. Work must go on.

Road route. Flat and fast. Despite trying to, we could not break the bunch.

Other gripe was lack of shade at the end. But will be back next year

Shade... note made.

Love the new route and despite a mechanical at around 80km which resulted in getting dropped I enjoyed it out there. Minimal wind too!

Great organization. Big thank you to the marshalls.... seriously some guys were out there in the heat of day to keep everyone safe.

I dont think ASG will like this thread ????

Did anyone try out the àBLOC Blitz Afkak on the Watt Bike? If you did, share your times.

A dismal 1:17 for me, in tekkies, baggie shorts and no warmup, in the heat of the day.

This was Saturday after the MTB prize giving.

2875a4fcec855af1527f6288359f3597.jpg

Appreciate your efforts, Frosty. 

Besides my silly fall, I really enjoyed the event. I had not done the race since 2011/2012 since the route was not to my liking. This year was perfect. Thanks for organizing a great event. Well done.

AWESOME story. Being a tandem lover myself and also starting on the back with my toppie reading this puts a big smile on my face. I am now 34 and my Dad 62 and we still ride tandem together. Only thing that has changed is I am now on the front. I hope you have many more happy miles together.

Would love to get a tandem.

will need to be small back and front

Want to pair Gustav and Kyla on some of the longer races

They are both only 11 but you must see these kids ride

Gustav was 3 rd U15 with a 33kmh averagre (on under 13 gears) and Kyla was the second Girl overall with 3 wheel changes in the process. These Kids have heart.

Edited by Rolling Stone