FARR Gravel Frame-Kits - Cromo Frame and Fork

Farrnus

guys, below is what is left in these - last few at R 3999! 

FR312GRY FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM GREY      Yes

FR312O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM ORANGE  Yes

FR314O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM ORANGE   Yes

Edited by Farrnus

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome - thanks for sharing!!

we'll have some CARBON forks soon ... help reduce the weight ...

So when are these carbon forks landing? :)

And do you have any idea yet what sort of price range they will fall in?

I am assuming thru axel and flat mount brake mounts?

So when are these carbon forks landing? :)

And do you have any idea yet what sort of price range they will fall in?

I am assuming thru axel and flat mount brake mounts?

it's become a bit of a story ... we are getting a very small batch of effectively " samples " to test the market.

there are both QR ( 100 x 9mm Qr  :eek:  ) and then also Thru-Axle ( 100 x 15mm ) - these are more for MonsterCross builds - so can take a 700C/29er wheel with heaps of clearance for Offroad Tyres - Axle to Crown is 483mm.

they are post-mount for 160mm disc.

should be ready next week - then we have to get them to SA --- will post some pics here once I get them.

pricing around the R3k mark.

it's become a bit of a story ... we are getting a very small batch of effectively " samples " to test the market.

there are both QR ( 100 x 9mm Qr  :eek:  ) and then also Thru-Axle ( 100 x 15mm ) - these are more for MonsterCross builds - so can take a 700C/29er wheel with heaps of clearance for Offroad Tyres - Axle to Crown is 483mm.

they are post-mount for 160mm disc.

should be ready next week - then we have to get them to SA --- will post some pics here once I get them.

pricing around the R3k mark.

Besides a substantial weight-saving, are these expected to provide a smoother ride over the standard steel fork?

Besides a substantial weight-saving, are these expected to provide a smoother ride over the standard steel fork?

as mentioned these are more for MonsterCross / Upgrade / Custom builds - we have had a few requests to stock a Carbon Rigid fork - so this it.

alot of guys converting hardtails to Gravel Builds --- this would be the IDEAL FORK for that. 

the Axle to Crown might be too much for a Farr Out Cromo Frame - we would need to fit one to see how the angles change etc.

but yes, there would be substantial weight savings too. 

as mentioned these are more for MonsterCross / Upgrade / Custom builds - we have had a few requests to stock a Carbon Rigid fork - so this it.

alot of guys converting hardtails to Gravel Builds --- this would be the IDEAL FORK for that.

the Axle to Crown might be too much for a Farr Out Cromo Frame - we would need to fit one to see how the angles change etc.

but yes, there would be substantial weight savings too.

Ah okay, I understood from the initial post it would be for gravel bikes (you replied on my pic of Farr gravel frame you there would be a carbon for for weight savings soon)...

• 3 weeks later...

As you were lads...don't need the info anymore.

Would anyone have the geometry chart for the CrMo frames?

Would anyone have the geometry chart for the CrMo frames?

sorry about this ... our website guys in all their wisdom have removed the geometry chart from the frame pages. please see below, this is the info that needs to be added back on the website on Monday.

post-121972-0-56892800-1573283380_thumb.jpg

No worries. I missed the frame in the classifieds anyway...and it would have been a perfect fit! ????

sorry about this ... our website guys in all their wisdom have removed the geometry chart from the frame pages. please see below, this is the info that needs to be added back on the website on Monday.

• 4 weeks later...

CHRISTMAS PRESENT  - Spoil YourSelf .... so we have only a few Medium and Large frames left at just R 3999 ( Frame + Fork + Headset + Axles )

FREE delivery nationwide ( 1 to 3 days - usually 1 ... )

see below for info and sizing.

SIZING GUIDELINES

Height in CM        Frame Size

158 – 169                S ( 50 )

169 – 179                  M ( 52 )

179 – 189                  L ( 54 )

188 – 198                  XL ( 56 )

FR312GRY FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM GREY  R 3 999,00  FR312O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM ORANGE  R 3 999,00  FR314O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM ORANGE  R 3 999,00 

visit the link to order 

post-121972-0-04047400-1575352318_thumb.jpg

post-121972-0-37962500-1575352412_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just an update - we have 5 frames due to arrive in the next 10 days, the balance are shipping via SEA and will be here Late July.

some pics of the PROTOTYPE frames we did some builds on last year --- same frame / geometry etc.

how much for a build like the same in the pic with carbon fork and 1 x groupset?

CHRISTMAS PRESENT  - Spoil YourSelf .... so we have only a few Medium and Large frames left at just R 3999 ( Frame + Fork + Headset + Axles )

FREE delivery nationwide ( 1 to 3 days - usually 1 ... )

see below for info and sizing.

SIZING GUIDELINES

Height in CM        Frame Size

158 – 169                S ( 50 )

169 – 179                  M ( 52 )

179 – 189                  L ( 54 )

188 – 198                  XL ( 56 )

FR312GRY FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM GREY  R 3 999,00  FR312O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM ORANGE  R 3 999,00  FR314O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM ORANGE  R 3 999,00 

visit the link to order 

any left ? Medium?