FARR Gravel Frame-Kits - Cromo Frame and Fork

Farrnus

yea simplicity is always nice when it comes to colorways. overdone graphics and to many details scream cheap to me :blush:

I know this is subjective but the painted FARR frame is very tasteful and considered. I guess you need to see it in the flesh.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is subjective but the painted FARR frame is very tasteful and considered. I guess you need to see it in the flesh.

sorry, i did not necessarily refer to the farr frame..was just a general comment. i'm talking more in the line of some of the things the momsen crew (for instance)  come up with...or even Scott on some of their bikes. too many things happening all over the place...look like high vis construction vehicles lol. Obviously i'd also prefer a bare frame over anything for this reason.

Edited by morneS555

sorry, i did not necessarily refer to the farr frame..was just a general comment. i'm talking more in the line of some of the things the momsen crew (for instance)  come up with...or even Scott on some of their bikes. too many things happening all over the place...look like high vis construction vehicles lol. Obviously i'd also prefer a bare frame over anything for this reason.

so farr = yay

momsen = nay?

I wanted to get the grey chromo, but took too long. The orange looked potentially wild, but just went on the vibe that if no one said anything bad about it it must be great in the flesh.

and enough people said it was beautiful that i didn't even bother trying to find one to inspect first

Nothing wrong with the Farr colours on offer currently. I quite like the orange one having seen a fee in the flesh. I just like bare bikes and I think the Farr geometry would be synergistic with a bare clear coat only. Maybe it's the hint of a Ti look that appeals, but bare steel and black fittings elsewhere floats my boat. One day perhaps...

Also of the view that the unpainted frame should be offered again. Perhaps with a Farr decal on the down tube to keep the marketeers happy...

so farr = yay

momsen = nay?

I wanted to get the grey chromo, but took too long. The orange looked potentially wild, but just went on the vibe that if no one said anything bad about it it must be great in the flesh.

and enough people said it was beautiful that i didn't even bother trying to find one to inspect first

i'm partial to most things orange anyway so If they made it in my size i would have gotten the orange one too. lol

Some nice builds to be seen.

My pictjaaz are still pending ???? When trying to load from my phone the size are too big. My bikes too much for The Hub. (Ill take pics not showing the whole bike. Sure it'll work)

Edited by Stevovo

Some nice builds to be seen.

My pictjaaz are still pending [emoji4] When trying to load from my phone the size are too big. My bikes too much for The Hub. (Ill take pics not showing the whole bike. Sure it'll work)

Did you come right with a flat mount brake caliper? I've got one lying around, as I went the other way (had two flat mounts and needed a post mount)

Did you come right with a flat mount brake caliper? I've got one lying around, as I went the other way (had two flat mounts and needed a post mount)

Yes. I got one thank you.

interesting comments ... colors and graphics are always very subjective and change every season -- after all us cyclists are a fickle and trendy bunch ....

the below probably got the most likes out of all our Social Posts this past year .... yet I am not sure as many people would ride/buy it ? 

as a small brand we have to strike a delicate balance between what the majority want vs what is "on point" for season.

post-121972-0-07826800-1564792459_thumb.jpg

interesting comments ... colors and graphics are always very subjective and change every season -- after all us cyclists are a fickle and trendy bunch ....

the below probably got the most likes out of all our Social Posts this past year .... yet I am not sure as many people would ride/buy it ?

as a small brand we have to strike a delicate balance between what the majority want vs what is "on point" for season.

What you are saying is very true, but... one way to get around all of the trends and seasonal colourways - just offer a stealth black version and a raw version - never goes out of style and looks better (I guess in my opinion) than colours ever could. Edited by Grease_Monkey

What you are saying is very true, but... one way to get around all of the trends and seasonal colourways - just offer a stealth black version and a raw version - never goes out of style and looks better (I guess in my opinion) than colours ever could.

I agree.

I had the "I need a new frame" itch last night. All the frames I looked at and wanted, we're either black on black, or a single colour with a contrasting colour for the decals.

What you are saying is very true, but... one way to get around all of the trends and seasonal colourways - just offer a stealth black version and a raw version - never goes out of style and looks better (I guess in my opinion) than colours ever could.

the challenge is having a "range" and everything is Black on Black --- becomes a very boring brand. But yes, Black on Black is definitely a very safe option --- I guess the same reason why car brands have to offer different ( new , trendy ) colors and not just make all their cars in Silver   :thumbup:

the challenge is having a "range" and everything is Black on Black --- becomes a very boring brand. But yes, Black on Black is definitely a very safe option --- I guess the same reason why car brands have to offer different ( new , trendy ) colors and not just make all their cars in Silver   :thumbup:

what are you talking about? everybody buys white cars...they are cheaper and have higher resale values :whistling: silver is 'lanie'

my wife and i laughed when we pulled into the parking lot of the Steelies MTB challenge last weekend before the race. I swear 98% of the cars were white. it looked like a AVIS car rental lot. When did society become this boring lol?.

Edited by morneS555

the challenge is having a "range" and everything is Black on Black --- becomes a very boring brand. But yes, Black on Black is definitely a very safe option --- I guess the same reason why car brands have to offer different ( new , trendy ) colors and not just make all their cars in Silver :thumbup:

It does look boring in a catalogue, but at the end of the day it's what most of us want... You can always offer different colour decals - brands like Evil do that, still adds some differentiation and personality without it sticking out like a traffic cone.

There is actually a specific bike I want right now, but it's only available in bright red, and that alone will make me not buy it.

There is nothing wrong with colour, but I feel like there should always be a toned down version before a colourful one. But I understand as a small brand that must be an incredinly hard balancing act.

It does look boring in a catalogue, but at the end of the day it's what most of us want... You can always offer different colour decals - brands like Evil do that, still adds some differentiation and personality without it sticking out like a traffic cone.

There is actually a specific bike I want right now, but it's only available in bright red, and that alone will make me not buy it.

There is nothing wrong with colour, but I feel like there should always be a toned down version before a colourful one. But I understand as a small brand that must be an incredinly hard balancing act.

watch this space ... 

only a few left at this CRAZY PRICE!!!

current stock availability below ( unfortunately S and XL sizes are all gone ) :

FR312GRY FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM GREY

FR312O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM ORANGE

FR314GRY FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM GREY

FR314O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM ORANGE

Order yours HERE

post-121972-0-61631800-1564903359_thumb.jpg

Edited by Farrnus