FARR Gravel Frame-Kits - Cromo Frame and Fork

Farrnus

So you need to have two different brake calipers? Flat mount at the rear and post mount at the front? That's not normal. Oversight in design? :ph34r: :whistling:

Not uncommon either. Just means going with post mount and getting a flat mount adapter OR buying flat and post mount calipers from the start, it seems.

I needed to be sure this is what to do so now I know what to work with. This is the stuff you don’t have to trouble with when you buy a ready built bike but I like to do stuff the hard way ???? For me, anyway!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that Flatmount to Postmount cannot be done ... but Postmount to Flatmount can be done ... hope that makes sense. 

going forward we will do FlatMount Forks ... make life simpler for everyone. Unfortunately that will mean a change to Carbon Fork which will push price up -- hence the decision at the time to stick to Postmount . 

Thanks, was getting conflicting info on this... Interesting to see how the different builds are done and options becoming available. I understand the advantages of flat mount on the frame but not sure why there isn't an adaptor for the fork? Must be plenty folks running this combo. I see it on a lot on touring bikes and CX bikes adapted for touring.

Oh well. Carbon shmarbon  :ph34r:

Thanks, was getting conflicting info on this... Interesting to see how the different builds are done and options becoming available. I understand the advantages of flat mount on the frame but not sure why there isn't an adaptor for the fork? Must be plenty folks running this combo. I see it on a lot on touring bikes and CX bikes adapted for touring.

Oh well. Carbon shmarbon  :ph34r:

for sure - we will probably do Carbon Forks if we do these frame-kits again, being a small brand, we don't get to "call the shots" at the factories and given our start-up status we had to work with what we could get.

we are working on a Carbon Rigid MTB Fork - which is definitely something we are getting alot of requests for ... however, these are POST MOUNT almost exclusively ( if you want MTB axle to crown and tyre clearance ) so we are back to SQUARE ONE if you want to use on a Gravel Frame.

as you mentioned - part of the F U N is doing something unique and different - we love seeing the various builds and creations using our FARR OUT CROMO Frame-Kits.  :thumbup:

for sure - we will probably do Carbon Forks if we do these frame-kits again, being a small brand, we don't get to "call the shots" at the factories and given our start-up status we had to work with what we could get.

we are working on a Carbon Rigid MTB Fork - which is definitely something we are getting alot of requests for ... however, these are POST MOUNT almost exclusively ( if you want MTB axle to crown and tyre clearance ) so we are back to SQUARE ONE if you want to use on a Gravel Frame.

as you mentioned - part of the F U N is doing something unique and different - we love seeing the various builds and creations using our FARR OUT CROMO Frame-Kits. :thumbup:

I actually like the Cromo fork a lot. Can we buy them seperately? Maybe you swopped one out for a carbon fork and it is lying there without a home?????

I actually like the Cromo fork a lot. Can we buy them seperately? Maybe you swopped one out for a carbon fork and it is lying there without a home?

sorry - the 1 we had "lying around" was sold.

you can buy more for just R 3999  :clap:  ( we'll throw in a FREE FRAME + HEADSET + AXLES ) 

on a serious note, we are offering these frame-kits at a below-cost price to move them --- they have been sitting in stock and we prefer to see them OUT ON THE GROADS instead of in boxes in our warehouse.

besides, we need to pay for MORE NEW STUFF arriving soon .... 

sorry - the 1 we had "lying around" was sold.

you can buy more for just R 3999 :clap: ( we'll throw in a FREE FRAME + HEADSET + AXLES )

on a serious note, we are offering these frame-kits at a below-cost price to move them --- they have been sitting in stock and we prefer to see them OUT ON THE GROADS instead of in boxes in our warehouse.

besides, we need to pay for MORE NEW STUFF arriving soon ....

???? Bike problems...seems like we all have them. We like the new stuff and they know it.

I am happy to say that I am positive that I will have the correct rear adapter within 24h and that the bike will be build up soon ????

I was so eager to ride it that I put together a single speed with flat bar and a front brake last night. Rode around the house a few time in the dark. It was awesome!????

Then I thought...lets test the fork on my other "gravel bike" with drops. Moved it over and then I went out for a few more laps in the dark. That was great too!

Mann I cant wait to let it eat some gravel roads!????

???? Bike problems...seems like we all have them. We like the new stuff and they know it.

I am happy to say that I am positive that I will have the correct rear adapter within 24h and that the bike will be build up soon ????

I was so eager to ride it that I put together a single speed with flat bar and a front brake last night. Rode around the house a few time in the dark. It was awesome!????

Then I thought...lets test the fork on my other "gravel bike" with drops. Moved it over and then I went out for a few more laps in the dark. That was great too!

Mann I cant wait to let it eat some gravel roads!????

pics or it never happened #ridefarr  

pics or it never happened #ridefarr

I just picked the adapter up aaaaaand....Ladies and Gentleman...it is the right one!????

I bet you can just guess what I'll be doing tonight.

I can allready smell gravel, sweat and sun! Have to open up my calender for Saturday and Sunday because there are endless Groads that suddenly outranked everything else ????

(Yeah, I have to get pics on here????)

Built up as a SS Mtb/Gravelbike.

thanks for sharing --- quite an eclectic mix!

could have maybe gone a bit smaller on frame size for a FlatBar build like that?

that's really good bang for buck for N+1

Took me 6 weeks to finally pull the trigger on this yesterday!

Think I got the last XL, was really waiting for someone else to take it. so if Farr do any diagnostics on people loading up a checkout basket and then not paying, i apologise for skewing your data for this month.

have had a rough week, so get home and tell the wifey:

Me:I bought a bike today!

W:cool, what type of bike?

M:a gravel bike

W:where is it?

M:bought it online

W:how much was it 

M:four grand

W:i bought some shoes online last week from the states

(I'm not dumb enough to ask what shoes cost on the first convo, wait till they arrive and see if they fit first)

M:hope they don't smash you at customs

W:why would there be any issue at customs?

M:there's like 40% duty on clothing/shoes

W:oh crap.

M:you never know until it comes

W:they'll be worth it.

I probably should have taken the gap to tell her that by "bike", i actually meant "frame". i do have a lot of the bits and bobs, and will be scrounging for a while to get this one up and running

Also of the view that the unpainted frame should be offered again. Perhaps with a Farr decal on the down tube to keep the marketeers happy...

Mine . One of the first batch which came unpainted which shows the exquisite welding .

Running Shimano 2 X11 with hydraulic discs , Lauf fork and 700x40 on American Classic wheels . I live in the Karoo and since I built this my hardtail and dual see very little action

yea simplicity is always nice when it comes to colorways. overdone graphics and to many details scream cheap to me :blush: