Unquestionable integrity

Traveler

One negotiated me down on a frame and then advertised that frame the same day on the Hub for a 100% markup from my original advert. 

Well this is good business. If you are willing to part with your property for a figure less than market value it's your problem. That's why there are so many used car dealers in SA. They buy for a good price, take some risk and then make some profit.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is good business. If you are willing to part with your property for a figure less than market value it's your problem. That's why there are so many used car dealers in SA. They buy for a good price, take some risk and then make some profit.

Yes, and car dealers are not one of the most loved personality types.

You do have to sell your soul a little bit to be able to tell a guy his bike frame has scratches here and there and is basically worth scrap metal because the bike industry is going through a slump. And then the next day you want to convince a buyer that said frame is "basically new" and very scarce.

Nothing illegal about it, but you do rub sellers the wrong way, so don't expect future business from them. Whereas if you buy at a fair price and do some work on the bike to justify a price increase then I won't have a problem with you.

Yes, and car dealers are not one of the most loved personality types.

You do have to sell your soul a little bit to be able to tell a guy his bike frame has scratches here and there and is basically worth scrap metal because the bike industry is going through a slump. And then the next day you want to convince a buyer that said frame is "basically new" and very scarce.

Nothing illegal about it, but you do rub sellers the wrong way, so don't expect future business from them. Whereas if you buy at a fair price and do some work on the bike to justify a price increase then I won't have a problem with you.

This. In spades.

"Morally questionable but legally correct" people really rub me up the wrong way.

To hustle the seller for a better price only to resell a day later for profit in the same website makes tou a slimeball in my books.

Name and shame so I can avoid the guy and so hubbers know his MO.

Had a similar experience a year or so ago.

Was a few minutes too late on a sale for an item I was looking for, for a while already.

As the purchaser was a well known hubber (wheeler and dealer), I did not hesitate to contact him immediately, to find out if I could not buy the item from him (at this stage he has not made payment yet, or taken possession of the item, as it was less than 30 minutes from him tying up the deal with the seller.)

I did not expect to pay the same price he paid for it, as I was "hard up" for the item. but I was however blown away by his attitude, he upped the price by 50%, and told me that is his price, take it or leave it. I took option two, as it was not a good deal anymore, and his attitude left a lot to be desired.

So yes, there are a few out there that are "legally correct, but the morals are questionable"

Was a few minutes too late on a sale for an item I was looking for, for a while already.

As the purchaser was a well known hubber (wheeler and dealer), I did not hesitate to contact him immediately, to find out if I could not buy the item from him (at this stage he has not made payment yet, or taken possession of the item, as it was less than 30 minutes from him tying up the deal with the seller.)

I did not expect to pay the same price he paid for it, as I was "hard up" for the item. but I was however blown away by his attitude, he upped the price by 50%, and told me that is his price, take it or leave it. I took option two, as it was not a good deal anymore, and his attitude left a lot to be desired.

So yes, there are a few out there that are "legally correct, but the morals are questionable"

Please PM me his Username.

Did you rate him appropriately? 

He is not active on the hub anymore, or he changed his username, as I do not see any adverts from him nowadays.

He is not active on the hub anymore, or he changed his username, as I do not see any adverts from him nowadays.

The guy that now is called Bike Market?

Rate the seller as there seems to be a lot of thus stuff happening of late.

Had only good dealings with The Hub....up until NOW!

Ordered a set of XT pedals and paid via EFT on the 6th June. In between sms and calls, there has been little communication. Refuses to take my calls!

Eventually after several promises, the parcel arrives but the wrong item  :wacko: 

Big apologies follow and ask if they can deliver over a weekend that I'm away...sorry no.

So I follow up again via sms the next week asking when they will deliver and collect the wrong item? - no response.

Now 19 days later still no pedals... :cursing:

I think there may be a difference in the way golfers and cyclists (the core) view life. I cycling Karma does her thing.... And sometimes we need other cyclists just to make it home. Just saying...