Adapter for Flat mount caliper on post mount frame

JA-Q001

I used a set of SLX calipers on my PM mini Velo. Came out beautifully.

Fits fin pads too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, Ki11gar said:

Thanks @Schnavel. I have indeed been looking at this exact problem. 

I am sure I found the same guy that you did. 

Very impressive, I think I will follow your lead! 

Hi.

Do you still make the adapters for 160mm rotors for flat mount?

Regards

On 7/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, Ki11gar said:

Thanks @Schnavel. I have indeed been looking at this exact problem. 

I am sure I found the same guy that you did. 

Very impressive, I think I will follow your lead! 

Speak to @Ki11gar

Hello All

I did make them but I have no stock, there is some hesitation about remaking them due to the effort I had to put in when fitting them to bikes. 
Each frame is a bit different and so needs some spacers underneath the mount, which I had to hand make for most people. 

I also couldn't guarantee that they would work for every frame so I started getting a lot heat back, one guy had to run a 180 with spacers because of the curves under the mounts on his fork. Very unhappy with me even though I spent my time looking at it not him, not even a full refund calmed him. 

2 minutes ago, Ki11gar said:

Hello All

I did make them but I have no stock, there is some hesitation about remaking them due to the effort I had to put in when fitting them to bikes. 
Each frame is a bit different and so needs some spacers underneath the mount, which I had to hand make for most people. 

I also couldn't guarantee that they would work for every frame so I started getting a lot heat back, one guy had to run a 180 with spacers because of the curves under the mounts on his fork. Very unhappy with me even though I spent my time looking at it not him, not even a full refund calmed him. 

Don’t mind him… forget and move on

Is it not worth the aero gainz headache to just swap out the flat mount calipers?

I did it on one of my bikes. Just sold the flat mount ultegra calipers and fitted some PM calipers.

It's less aero but it's also way less fiddly 

• 3 months later...

Anyone found a solution to this recently? Treated myself to a SRAM Rival groupset but unfortunately only comes as flat mount. Planning on putting this on my cannondale slate which has post mount on the Lefty Oliver. Have ordered the Wolf Tooth adapter in the UK, but with postal strikes happening that side, looking increasingly unlikely that I’ll get it any time soon.

any local solutions worth looking into?

1 hour ago, MattDaniel said:

Anyone found a solution to this recently? Treated myself to a SRAM Rival groupset but unfortunately only comes as flat mount. Planning on putting this on my cannondale slate which has post mount on the Lefty Oliver. Have ordered the Wolf Tooth adapter in the UK, but with postal strikes happening that side, looking increasingly unlikely that I’ll get it any time soon.

any local solutions worth looking into?

Im sure you know but why UK? Was it s stock issue? Wolftooth sells and ships here direct.  They use UPS so no post offices involved. I’ve bought from them a few times. They are in the US. 

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/post-to-flat-mount-brake-adapter

edit: not to mention it is listed on paragontec’s site so any bikeshop can get it for you locally. Evo bikes stock wolftooth stuff so start by asking there. Here’s the link:

https://www.paragontech.co.za/product/wolf-tooth-disc-brake-adaptor-post-to-flat-mount-pst-flt-brkadpt/

Edited by MORNE

11 hours ago, MORNE said:

Im sure you know but why UK? Was it s stock issue? Wolftooth sells and ships here direct.  They use UPS so no post offices involved. I’ve bought from them a few times. They are in the US. 

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/post-to-flat-mount-brake-adapter

edit: not to mention it is listed on paragontec’s site so any bikeshop can get it for you locally. Evo bikes stock wolftooth stuff so start by asking there. Here’s the link:

https://www.paragontech.co.za/product/wolf-tooth-disc-brake-adaptor-post-to-flat-mount-pst-flt-brkadpt/

Thanks Morne, my brother is coming out from the uk for Xmas, so he was gonna bring it back for me.

I found it on Paragontech.Co.ZA and tried speaking to a mechanic at CycleLab (assumed they may stock it or something similar due to their size) without any success, was told they’d never heard of anything like that. will definitely follow up with Evo Bikes now though, appreciate it!

15 minutes ago, MattDaniel said:

Thanks Morne, my brother is coming out from the uk for Xmas, so he was gonna bring it back for me.

I found it on Paragontech.Co.ZA and tried speaking to a mechanic at CycleLab (assumed they may stock it or something similar due to their size) without any success, was told they’d never heard of anything like that. will definitely follow up with Evo Bikes now though, appreciate it!

That makes sense then. 

Also, caveat being that “any bikeshop” excludes numpties like cycle lab lol. Of course they didn't have a clue…because they generally don't when it comes to anything bicycle related 😅

Edited by MORNE

• 11 months later...

Reviving an old thread and looking for some help, to confirm whether I maybe missed something... Am I right in saying the Momsen GP300 also actually has a post mount front brake system similar to the Farr (and not a flat mount like specified on the website).

Without thinking I ordered a flat mount ZRace brake system from Aliexpress, but trying to fit them to the GP doesn't work, apologies for the poor photo quality. The bike comes with TRP Spyre C mechanical brakes.

I was thinking of ordering one of these Aliexpress adapters, as I can't seem to find anything local... Do you think the clearance will be sufficient? And an extra month or 2 is not going to cause it any heartache.

Momsen GP - ZRACE.jpeg

ec5896cfc8c045e49213ae9887dab37c_printpdf.pdf

Momsen GP - ZRACE (2).jpeg

Edited by Roul
Updated photo

4 minutes ago, Roul said:

Jip it is a 160mm, do you think going to 180mm would make a difference?

Yes from the picture it looks as if a extra 20mm would solve the problem. Alternatively you can try souce the mount.

Edited by warick_wrx