[Event] The Durbie Dash

Ernst Viljoen

Organisers didn't do me any favours seeding me in $. Clearly didn't belong there, only lasted 15min before I was spat out at the back. Was much nicer riding with the % okes for the rest of the race  :P

Wind was brutal, I think even in % bunch only about a 1/3rd of the group managed to stick with the bunch until the end (with a few $ stragglers). First time ever I've seen a group in a D'ville PPA race ascending that last little climb before D'Urbanvale finish line so slowly, everyone was spent..

And what was up with all the EL riders in $ and %? Looked like development riders from other African countries? Observed a few dodgy maneuvers from these okes! Maybe they thought EL stands for Elite so they have to start at the front... 

they were international riders AFAIK. there was a blunder with their seeding. organisers corrected it before they took off and apologized for their mistake.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a team of riders from the Seychelles there too, they were parked behind us.

Full team it looked like, they wore the Seychelles jerseys and full kit, not sure if it was their national squad?

Afaik there are no photos of the road race. Brakkies Sport Photos have photos of the mtb on their FB page

Hopelik is ek vroeg wakker Sondag oggend, want dan is dit die roadies se beurt vir foto's. So hou dop daar by Hellshoogte en dan weer by daai ander klein bultjie by Riebeek Kasteel.

Dis net ek wat die foto's neem, so as ek jou mis, hopelik kry ek jou next time.

groete

https://www.facebook.com/BrakkiesSportFotos/

Some proper racing out in % [emoji106]

I hope the guy that rode into the police car is ok.

What a stupid place to park a car! I went wide also but managed to stop half in his bike and half against the car.

@F.R.A.I.L. -K

I know I'm somewhere in one of those videos, Any footage from where you guys caught up(R44 just before the Windmeul turn)

Hello FootballingCyclist

Sorry I only took the 3 clips.

allowing ladies to draft behind your bakkie back to the bunch is doing ladies cycling a great disservice. shame on you , thats cheating - mechnical doping

Surely the commisionaire would have seen this?

allowing ladies to draft behind your bakkie back to the bunch is doing ladies cycling a great disservice. shame on you , thats cheating - mechnical doping

What bunch was that? Didnt notice anything in %

Not many guys willing to help in %....did not see 1 of the ladies with their noses in front once...

Saw a girl in front of me shoot an epic snot rocket while we were climbing. Not sure why but it was kind of a turn on for me. Just me?

Surely the commisionaire would have seen this?

the comm can't see a single cyclist 2 to 300 metres back with a convoy of support vehicles inbetween. esp not our local comms.

Edited by Andy Arnesan