Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when can a berm not have a change of radius?

I wonder if the lack of outright braking on most marathon bikes is part of the problem. With 160/140 rotors ( for weight ya know)  you cant adjust speed as swiftly as proper brakes. This will lead to panic brake dragging through a corner and an even greater liklihood of a slide especially when that develish "radius change" occurs... 

Waaaaay to much BS in here to take seriously

Waaaaay to much BS in here to take seriously

Coming form an ace at BS, I take that as a compliment.  You been taking lessons from ichball Swerve again? 

Anyone looking for a Swiss Epic Partner? Ready for another adventure!

Pass

To much climbing

????

Anyone looking for a Swiss Epic Partner? Ready for another adventure!

According to the Hub 'spurts most of us aren't skilled or skraal enough to bother entering so best to look at some other forum my friend ...

According to the Hub 'spurts most of us aren't skilled or skraal enough to bother entering so best to look at some other forum my friend ...

The big boss and founder of Bikehub did the SwissEpic last year.... He IS this forum!

Coming form from an ace at BS, I take that as a compliment. (you shouldn't,.....no really you shouldn't)  You been taking lessons from ichball Swerve again? 

You know full well that if berms are intended to tighten up, that the exit should then be designed to accommodate the rider being higher up on the berm at exit The berm disappearing to nothing but off camber track is just poor design. Don't make excuses for poor design. trail features should be design to maintain the flow of the trail and thus promote riders laying off the brakes for as long as possible. 

And whats all the issue with peoples disc brakes now. 160/140 is a legitimate gravel bike set up and gravel bikes can ride Tokai too or do you have some rules in the pipeline to get rid of those too because you don't have one?

Would you mind displaying your title deed to MTB? I'd really like to see why you think you own MTB and how riders should enjoy it. Crashing often on the land and leaving DNA behind doesn't qualify as title deed.

You really sound like a grouchy old man who has never ridden the Epic but dearly dearly wants too but can't because he spent his life campaigning against it and the people who participate in it. There there group hug. Just drop the cash, do the training and post the happy pics :clap:

You really sound like a grouchy old man who has never ridden the Epic but dearly dearly wants too but can't because he spent his life campaigning against it and the people who participate in it. There there group hug. Just drop the cash, do the training and post the happy pics :clap:

You should see the damage Headshot did to the trails on his 26er in his early Epics.

You should see the damage Headshot did to the trails on his 26er in his early Epics.

Pictures, Strava or are we talking pre-strava?

You know full well that if berms are intended to tighten up, that the exit should then be designed to accommodate the rider being higher up on the berm at exit The berm disappearing to nothing but off camber track is just poor design. Don't make excuses for poor design. trail features should be design to maintain the flow of the trail and thus promote riders laying off the brakes for as long as possible.

And whats all the issue with peoples disc brakes now. 160/140 is a legitimate gravel bike set up and gravel bikes can ride Tokai too or do you have some rules in the pipeline to get rid of those too because you don't have one?

Would you mind displaying your title deed to MTB? I'd really like to see why you think you own MTB and how riders should enjoy it. Crashing often on the land and leaving DNA behind doesn't qualify as title deed.

Says the man who's been banned from le hub twice.

Pictures, Strava or are we talking pre-strava?

1. 12.7  GPS Data. No rider may distribute any GPS co-ordinates in respect of the Race route at any time (including but not limited to, uploads onto online platforms such as Strava), unless expressly authorized in writing by the Organisers.

I've been watching your momentum build with every anonymous post you make old boy - you're on a roll. Time to reign yourself in there tiger. You're getting out of hand again.

I've been watching your momentum build with every anonymous post you make old boy - you're on a roll. Time to reign yourself in there tiger. You're getting out of hand again.

Maybe he should change his name to GoRS1! to reflect the change in fork... While hinting at one of the previous nicks

Maybe he should change his name to GoRS1! to reflect the change in fork... While hinting at one of the previous nicks

Too busy burning his beds.

This isn’t carbon29er returning again is it?

Archived