The VIPA ULTRA - our purpose-built Stage Race / Endurance Bike

MomsenBikes SA

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first batch of frames are here in 10 to 14 days.

website will allow PRE-ORDER on Monday.

some pics below of the first frames.

Frame-Kit includes:

• Frame
  • Rear Shock - Fox Float Performance Elite Trunnion
  • ULTRA Seatclamp
  • ULTRA Rear Axle
  • All Frame Hardware
  • ULTRA Headset 
  • ULTRA Stems - 1 x 40mm, 1 x 50mm 
  • Frame Protection - Downtube 
  • Downtube Rubber Cover
  • Toptube INNER BAG

post-131547-0-21615000-1537021726_thumb.jpg

post-131547-0-76105900-1537021771_thumb.jpg

post-131547-0-11265600-1537021834_thumb.jpg

so the ULTRA micro-site is live ... head on over to the website here

Thanks for the updates.

What is the estimated frame weight for size 1?

Is there a rubber cover available for the top tube storage?

Last one, do you know of any review`s, frames going out to industry testers?

Thanks for the updates.

What is the estimated frame weight for size 1?

Is there a rubber cover available for the top tube storage?

Last one, do you know of any review`s, frames going out to industry testers?

frames were around 2.1kg before final production, will weigh them on arrival and update the website. the frame is designed for endurance events so weight , whilst important to some, was never the defining goal. 

the top tube does not get a cover as after our initial tests we found it is not easy to Unclip a Cover and replace it whilst riding. We have instead developed a custom bag that fits into the frame and can easily be opened/closed whilst still moving and riding. will post some pics later today as the bags have just arrived in SA.

last one - first batch is very limited so there are no "extras"for industry yet. this weekend we had Team Imbuko/Momsen riders on their prototypes with Dylan getting a 3rd in W/Cape and Marco winning in the E/Cape. Bikes are out there ... 

some pics of the ULTRA bag in the top tube. basically fits into the shape of the frame and attaches via 2 standard bottle cage bolts in the base --- similar to what the triathletes do on their bikes but this is INTERNAL as opposed to ON TOP.

zipper is user friendly and easy to use whilst still moving and riding.

post-131547-0-50038400-1537167335_thumb.jpg

post-131547-0-54164900-1537167346_thumb.jpg

some pics of the ULTRA bag in the top tube. basically fits into the shape of the frame and attaches via 2 standard bottle cage bolts in the base --- similar to what the triathletes do on their bikes but this is INTERNAL as opposed to ON TOP.

Bloody brilliant!

So many negative comments on this thread, it beggars belief. Kudos to Momsen for creating what looks to be a functionally great bike across so many varying MTB target groups. This bike has be interested - now only if I needed a bike...

It has a threaded BB! Winner winner!

That was a fine decision.

Don’t you want to open an EU dealership and then I can buy one from you?

Don’t you want to open an EU dealership and then I can buy one from you?

You laugh - that's exactly the thought I had. This bike ticks almost every box I have for MTBs.

I wonder if Momsen want a Euro agency/contact?

You laugh - that's exactly the thought I had. This bike ticks almost every box I have for MTBs.

I wonder if Momsen want a Euro agency/contact?

Last week their website said they are looking for international dealers.

It has a threaded BB! Winner winner!

That was a fine decision.

agreed! that's the best part of the new bike.

I think they could have done better than fill the top tube storage with a bag, like maybe a sliding cover held closed by a rare earth magnet but lets hope they develop the idea further and find a good working and aesthetically pleasing solution

would love to know just how tough the rating on that head-tube junction is ..... looks like something you can clamp a triple crown onto :P

would love to know just how tough the rating on that head-tube junction is ..... looks like something you can clamp a triple crown onto :P

+52% stiffer than the current frame ... it was quite a shock when we ran our testing on the rig! 

Archived