Gxp pressfit BB doesnt last a month.

Johnny 55

Good day. Im on my 2nd BB now in 2 months time. My bike is almost 3 months old and the 2nd BB

is already feeling rough when i feel it and turn it and making big time noises.

I did not ride in water or mud so im kind of wondering if a converter BB should maybe do the trick to make it threaded.

I have never been a fan of pressfit before. I see theres a few options available to change this.Please share some advice.

Thank you.

Also maybe have someone look at your frame? I know in the old days of threaded BBs, a bit of paint on the outside of the bb could affect alignment and bearings wore very quickly!

The only reason a BB will wear that quickly without horrendous abuse is if something is not aligned properly. Bearings may not be sitting in the frame correctly, resulting in such rapid wear.

Also maybe have someone look at your frame? I know in the old days of threaded BBs, a bit of paint on the outside of the bb could affect alignment and bearings wore very quickly!

The only reason a BB will wear that quickly without horrendous abuse is if something is not aligned properly. Bearings may not be sitting in the frame correctly, resulting in such rapid wear.

Stall_Gear is 100% correct. If the BB is not aligned 100% true, it will get eaten up in no time.... if it is 100% true and greased well when installed, it will handle years of mtb..... 

+1

????????Thanks guys. Always good to get some advice here. Im gonna take the bike to a better mechanic next time when replacing again. Thanks again.

My GXP lasted three years before I replaced it out of precaution pre Cape pioneer. Preparing the bb shell before fitting is crucial

Agree!!

Wheels Manufacturing FTW  - sourced mine from CWC & haven't looked back

Edited by Bigjim

Good day. Im on my 2nd BB now in 2 months time. My bike is almost 3 months old and the 2nd BB

is already feeling rough when i feel it and turn it and making big time noises.

I did not ride in water or mud so im kind of wondering if a converter BB should maybe do the trick to make it threaded.

I have never been a fan of pressfit before. I see theres a few options available to change this.Please share some advice.

Thank you.

Are you sure this is a GXP pressfit? GXP is normally threaded. 

What bike it is? 

wheels MFG , thank me later

Another vote for this. It's the next best thing to a threaded frame. Glad to see manufacturers are moving back to threaded again, PF is a pain.