Wheel build - what rims to get

Primer

Hi guys, I want to build up a new set of Wheels for my trail bike, I have a set of pro 4 hope hubs I want to use, but can't decide on the rims, have you guys any thoughts on the following options

Raceface arc 30

Kore realm 30

Spank oozy trail 345

Had a pair of RaceFace Arcs and unfortunately dented the rear quite badly, got a pair of rapides before Sani and they are awesome, also paired with a set of hope 4’s. Service is awesome from Rapide as well????????

Out of those I’d say the spanks without a doubt. Super strong, roll real well and mine have been faultless on hopes in rough conditions. Build was excellent and i’ve Never had to true them.

That bead bite thing may be a gimmick but i run them super low pressures (1.2 bar odd) and never had an issue so thumbs up.

Edited by Dirt Tracker

and lets say hypothetically speaking you had Roval control carbons on your XC bike but you had an itch to scratch - what would you get? These have done me unbelievable faultless service - so much so that I put them on my hardtail despite not being fond of the brand  - so whatever I got would need to be an upgrade

and lets say hypothetically speaking you had Roval control carbons on your XC bike but you had an itch to scratch - what would you get? These have done me unbelievable faultless service - so much so that I put them on my hardtail despite not being fond of the brand  - so whatever I got would need to be an upgrade

Those control carbons are some of the best things to ever come from specalized 

and I'd honestly say the only upgrade to them would be Control carbon SL's  :thumbup:

Edited by BaGearA

Hi guys, I want to build up a new set of Wheels for my trail bike, I have a set of pro 4 hope hubs I want to use, but can't decide on the rims, have you guys any thoughts on the following options

Raceface arc 30

Kore realm 30

Spank oozy trail 345

Oozy 345 all the way, also have a set built up on Hope Pro 4s - about 4000km on it so far, I'm fat and choose poor lines through rock gardens, they have so far proven to be bullet proof!

If I were you, I would save for some carbon hoops to use. I have had to replace too many dented and pretzelled aluminium rims so far.

I ride the Spank 345's and they're sublime.

That said, I've also built wheels with the Raceface rims and their quality is superb too.

Raceface has the new ARC Offset now available which too are super, and allow equal spoke lengths and tensions on both sides of the wheel.

Get in touch if you'd like more info.

• 2 weeks later...