Football

IceCreamMan

I took united for an outright win the premier league a while ago at 15 to 1. 10 quid. it was a flutter and the odds were good. 

Now at 9/2 and my cash in amount is already 3 times my tenner. A win on Sunday and it will be even more. united are gaining in confidence, the pogba crap seems to have been resolved so who knows. But sunday, i am going to braai and have a beer then watch footie... Football has maintained sanity al over this island i suspect. 

However, i agree. City are in a different league and have games in hand, so the gap is not as big as it seems assuming city win these games of course. 

I've also got two season outcome bets running...

Spurs to be top London club at 10-1 and Spurs to be best of the rest (behind City and Liverpool) at 13-1

Long way still to go this season - going to be a real bun fight for that top 4

Biggest worry for me on Utd, they rely way way too much on a handful of players... very few United players even getting a game at City or Liverpool. Fernandes and Rashford maybe... but not much else. And that depth is crucial in the long run. Congestion will kill off the smaller squads in my books as we go along, I still see Liverpool and City dicing it out, with 3-4 teams a small gap behind. 

Exciting season ahead for sure

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not too convinced by United, City brushed them aside with ease... they do step up usually for the Liverpool game, but at 1/1 for a Liverpool win at home, if Liverpool can get together anything resembling a decent back 4, I will be all over that. 

Thing what United are doing at the moment are winning even on their off days. That Fernandez bloke is making things happen.

Agreed though, Liverpool problems are based on the loss of Van Dijk. He covers up so much for the rest of the back 4 and gives license to full backs that are under so much pressure these days.

We are leaking goals currently and our midfield are creating nothing with so much ball possession.

If we manage to get someone in at CB with Fab, Hendo and Thiago in the midfield, I believe we can compete with Shity and United come end of the season. If things don't change, I think we will slide off the pace.

Jamie Vardy: “Yes I smoke and drink 3 cans of Red Bull per day, the medical staff know about that. I hate going to the gym and carrying weights, the heaviest thing I have carried is a pack by Red Bull”

I dont think its a recent quote though. i believe he gave up smoking an uses snuff. 

In other news, one dimensional Mourinho still insists Spurs treat teams like Fulham as though they are Man City...

Another two points down the toilet because he insists on parking the bus the moment we get a lead.
Add this result to Newcastle, Wolves, West Ham etc and it's seriously sparking wild deja vu. Slow learner this one!

Horrible stuff to watch... he's lucky the stadiums are empty

In other news, one dimensional Mourinho still insists Spurs treat teams like Fulham as though they are Man City...

Another two points down the toilet because he insists on parking the bus the moment we get a lead.

Add this result to Newcastle, Wolves, West Ham etc and it's seriously sparking wild deja vu. Slow learner this one!

Yes, disappointing last night, also lost a small wager. 

Spurs have thrown good points away this season, but to be fair shoulda been 3 up by halftime and son should have added a 4th. As it is spurs were lucky with a point in the end. 

I am still p***** off that Mourinho has the audacity to blame the players... It is his strategy FFS!!!!

These players are much much better than the points they’ve collected... But Mourinho will stifle this group and find individuals on the pitch to blame...!!

End of rant!

I am still p***** off that Mourinho has the audacity to blame the players... It is his strategy FFS!!!!

These players are much much better than the points they’ve collected... But Mourinho will stifle this group and find individuals on the pitch to blame...!!

End of rant!

That was a unique trait of Ferguson; he would never blame his players in the public eye. It was always the ref, the opposition or someone other than the players.

For the first time since 1997 Liverpool and United sit first and second in the Premier League ahead of a meeting between, historically, the two most successful sides in English football.

United hold a three-point lead over the reigning champions, a huge turnaround from their last trip to Anfield a year ago when Liverpool's 2-0 win opened up a 30-point gap between the two.

I didn’t realize it was that long since they were both at the top. Hoping for a humdinger and not two teams not wanting to lose.

Hoping for a humdinger and not two teams not wanting to lose.

It was the latter

As it often is with these sort of games.

Arsenal so badly need a player of his Calibre.

Lol ja wat hey imagine having that player and then pushing him aside for who knows whatever reason then he leaves and you need to try and find a player like thay again....there aren't many around and those who are just aren't available..

Anyhow he still has a lot to offer hope he does well

Lol ja wat hey imagine having that player and then pushing him aside for who knows whatever reason then he leaves and you need to try and find a player like thay again....there aren't many around and those who are just aren't available..

Anyhow he still has a lot to offer hope he does well

Ozil wouldn't make the starting 11 for any top 6 clubs in the league on a permanent bases. I'm ecstatic he and his toxicity is finally going. Now the club can start the healing and progression process  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: