Football

IceCreamMan

What an evening of football results, everyone dropping points. League sure is way more interesting this season than last. Well for now at least as i suspect City to start opening the gap to 2nd place from now and win the league by 10+ points by the end.

The rest all fighting for Champs & Europa league places.

Yeah, crazy stuff really... It’s just not worth putting money down on any game at the moment...

It’s only Sheffield United...!! Lol

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the first time United have lost against teams in the relegation zone, and probably not the last.

It’s not just United... All of the top 6 have dropped points against relegation candidates, it’s crazy results

Convincing from Liverpool. Think it's safe to say the best team won!?

Hoping for some consistency now...

There was only one team wanting to play.

I think Jose Mourinho is losing some of his sparkle in that dressing room. Anyway, the players cannot be shielded from blame in this calamity!!

Really strugging to understand Jose of late... we play against bottom 5 teams like they are world beaters who we can't go toe to toe with, and then when we should be cautious and wary of a team and their attack - he leaves us completely open with a very random and unbalanced back line. 

All 3 Liverpool goals were avoidable is the sad point, two errors from Lloris (he's making a habit of it in the big games) and the third a mistake from Rodon (who in all honesty looks a great prospect, but surely Alderweireld starts in a game like this!)

Was a very entertaining first half, but the moment Kane went off we really looked short of ideas - hope he's not out too long, else we can like kiss our Champions League hopes goodbye. 

On a positive note, good to see Liverpool back towards their best... they'll have a hard time catching City, but those two for me are still head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

I couldn’t bare having to write up even half as much... but I agree...

Someone needs to work on getting Mourinho back on form... and soon!! His selection criteria is surely in question now...

Now of course not everything printed in newspapers is true but.. according to El Mundo who have apparently seen Messi's contract he signed in 2017..

[emoji15]

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1355679184086036486?s=19

El Mundo today, what a bomb. Leo Messi’s contract with Barcelona revealed on front page [emoji837][emoji1313] @elmundoes

- €555,237,619 contract [4 years].

- €138m per season fixed + variables.

- €115,225,000 as ‘renewal fee’ just for accepting the contract.

- €77,929,955 loyalty bonus. https://t.co/FK3I34hJta

https://twitter.com/elmundoes/status/1355660447878422529?s=19

And other news is City had apparently offered him 3 times as much at the time...

That is the kind of money us normal folk just can't understand.

Of course it is estimated that he generates in the region of 300m the amount per year for Barca..if that is true he basically pays his own wages...

Stagering numbers none the less.

Edited by Gen

Really strugging to understand Jose of late... we play against bottom 5 teams like they are world beaters who we can't go toe to toe with, and then when we should be cautious and wary of a team and their attack - he leaves us completely open with a very random and unbalanced back line. 

All 3 Liverpool goals were avoidable is the sad point, two errors from Lloris (he's making a habit of it in the big games) and the third a mistake from Rodon (who in all honesty looks a great prospect, but surely Alderweireld starts in a game like this!)

Was a very entertaining first half, but the moment Kane went off we really looked short of ideas - hope he's not out too long, else we can like kiss our Champions League hopes goodbye. 

On a positive note, good to see Liverpool back towards their best... they'll have a hard time catching City, but those two for me are still head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

oops......1-0 to Brighton  :thumbup:

oops......1-0 to Brighton :thumbup:

There’s now way it can be described as an accident!

I think it’s time for an inquest, and managerial options! This guy is just not cutting it!

oops......1-0 to Brighton  :thumbup:

Yeah, looks like Jose has lost the dressing room almost... would be record time, even by his standards. 

The moment I saw the team line-up I switched off the TV and went to bed - thanks goodness for that!

Funny post I saw on social media... Get in Tony Pulis ASAP, at least he's good at setting up his team to play this type of football.

This is not the Spurs way, I don't see this lasting much longer in all honesty - would be a pity in some regards, as we're nicely setup in most of the Cups, but jeepers, I don't know what Mourinho is up to

Yeah, looks like Jose has lost the dressing room almost... would be record time, even by his standards.

The moment I saw the team line-up I switched off the TV and went to bed - thanks goodness for that!

Funny post I saw on social media... Get in Tony Pulis ASAP, at least he's good at setting up his team to play this type of football.

This is not the Spurs way, I don't see this lasting much longer in all honesty - would be a pity in some regards, as we're nicely setup in most of the Cups, but jeepers, I don't know what Mourinho is up to

Who do you replace him with though

The only coach I can think of that is a quality tactician has a really good way of managing the dressing room and is available, is Allegri..he is widely known for his ability in that regard...fantastic in dressing room.

Our dismal season continues. Birmingham City is now one place above the relegation zone and just can't get a result. Luckily Wednesday were given a six point penalty prior to the season starting.

Think it's time to find another team to support. Just because I was born in sight of St Andrews doesn't mean I have to be loyal.

Who do you replace him with though

The only coach I can think of that is a quality tactician has a really good way of managing the dressing room and is available, is Allegri..he is widely known for his ability in that regard...fantastic in dressing room.

I wouldn't mind Nagelsmann if we could get him, but yeah, not too many options... I'm sure Jose will be here to see us through the cup games. And heck, if we can win a trophy, maybe it can be seen us some kind of success, but this football is soul destroying to watch and there are clearly some issues coming in behind the scenes