Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible plastic club... Should have given Frank the season at the very least, he was never going to get it all right so early on in his career.

Agreed.

New coaches take time to find their feet.. as we see with Pirlo at Juve.. Not only is it early in Lampard's career but Chelsea also have an influx of players.. it takes time to get the right starting lineup and formation etc etc. Give the guy some time man... he is also learning on the job.

Thomas Tuchel get the job. Job manager that. 

I'm not sure he is all that much of an upgrade - but we will see I guess.... 

Only place he really won something was at PSG, but with their squad and finances - so could anybody.

They made the Champions League final, but not exactly in fine style and not exactly playing great football. 

I'm not sure he is all that much of an upgrade - but we will see I guess....

Only place he really won something was at PSG, but with their squad and finances - so could anybody.

They made the Champions League final, but not exactly in fine style and not exactly playing great football.

Yep, I was going to say the same.. time will tell..it is very hard not to do well with that PSG squad... you kind just let them do their thing[emoji6]

I however disagree about their form last year..they played very well for the bulk of the season..they however came up against an insane Bayern team in the final.

Edited by Gen

Lampard could have started at a smaller club and learnt his trade the hard way, from the ground up. He took on the job at a club that doesn’t have a good track record (in recent times) of keeping coaches/managers for extended periods, so surely would know the risks of failure.

Lampard could have started at a smaller club and learnt his trade the hard way, from the ground up. He took on the job at a club that doesn’t have a good track record (in recent times) of keeping coaches/managers for extended periods, so surely would know the risks of failure.

Lol every coach that goes to Chelsea has the same end result..doesn't even matter what you win or don't [emoji6]

Yep, I was going to say the same.. time will tell..it is very hard not to do well with that PSG squad... you kind just let them do their thing[emoji6]

I however disagree about their form last year..they played very well for the bulk of the season..they however came up against an insane Bayern team in the final.

Admittedly I don't see a lot of PSG, but I did watch them draw with a pretty poor Madrid side and thought they were lucky Atalanta ran out of gas in their knockout game. Maybe I am being harsh though... 

Admittedly I don't see a lot of PSG, but I did watch them draw with a pretty poor Madrid side and thought they were lucky Atalanta ran out of gas in their knockout game. Maybe I am being harsh though...

Maybe a bit harsh..they were good throughout most of last season.. knockout games are different and those can go either way... but I was impressed with them for most of last season except a few games..as is normal for most teams.

Lampards biggest mistake was buying too many players and upsetting the team dynamic. He did brilliantly last year getting Champions League after losing Hazard and also were under the transfer ban. He should have stuck to that system, young English core, bought 2-3 top top players to take them up a notch or two... and progress systematically. 

But yeah, we all know how Roman works. I honestly just expected with it being Lampard he had maybe woken up a bit and would finally play some sensible long term game...

Lampards biggest mistake was buying too many players and upsetting the team dynamic. He did brilliantly last year getting Champions League after losing Hazard and also were under the transfer ban. He should have stuck to that system, young English core, bought 2-3 top top players to take them up a notch or two... and progress systematically.

But yeah, we all know how Roman works. I honestly just expected with it being Lampard he had maybe woken up a bit and would finally play some sensible long term game...

I doubt he had too much say in their purchases to be honest.

They had to add depth to their squad.. you can't compete in all competitions without it and I thought they had made some good purchases and you could see which direction they were going..but it is difficult integrating so many signing into a system in a short period of time..it takes time.. something Roman doesn't understand nor do the fans...

Edited by Gen

To add..

If it were any other club I would say they are trying to find a long term fit.. but it is Chelsea so yeah I won't say that.[emoji6]

@IceCreamMan See you guys on Sat and Tuesday, both at St. Mary's 

One a piece. I'm happy with that. Especially as I believe this season's league results and ultimate Table standing will come do squad depth and having stayed in the FA Cup would have hurt our team more than it currently is. 

Best of Luck in your next FA Cup game against Wolves. 

What an evening of football results, everyone dropping points. League sure is way more interesting this season than last. Well for now at least as i suspect City to start opening the gap to 2nd place from now and win the league by 10+ points by the end. 

The rest all fighting for Champs & Europa league places.