Football

IceCreamMan

So West Ham throw me out on my permutation today, but the points they dropped favour Spurs’ opportunity to leapfrog them with the games in hand (if Spurs win)...

I suppose it’s a story of swings and roundabouts.... 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley v Watford has been called off due to Covid, less than 3 hours before kick off. The match is postponed.

Meanwhile, Leicester v Spurs will go ahead, with the FA rejecting both clubs’ request for postponement.

2 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Burnley v Watford has been called off due to Covid, less than 3 hours before kick off. The match is postponed.

Meanwhile, Leicester v Spurs will go ahead, with the FA rejecting both clubs’ request for postponement.

Burnley fans were all over the area already…

at least we up…fingers crossed. 

going to pub to meet my spurs fan mate tomorrow..couple pints, watch the footie,,,another must win for both teams..leicester need some good results. 

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

A bit weird to hear in the pre-match discussion that Arsenal are number 1 in the league in terms of home match points, doesn’t “seem” like it.

I would never have guessed...

Just shows the importance it makes to win home matches, in total it’s about 57 points over the season. And that is close to the tally for reaching top 4.

2 hours ago, justinafrika said:

A bit weird to hear in the pre-match discussion that Arsenal are number 1 in the league in terms of home match points, doesn’t “seem” like it.

Wow, yeah, I would not have guessed that, however their big losses been away when I think about it and they have amassed a nice amount of points. 

So Aston Villa v Burnley gets called off less than two hours before kickoff.... and just like that! I lose a tender.... 😔

Nevermind the permutation was for 13.42

I’m not sure that calling games off this late is good for anybody in the game actually... It’s frustrating all round!! And how does it help not postponing all fixtures... 🤔🤔

Phew! That was a pretty hectic first half. Spurs 7-3 Liverpool (scoring chances that is).

So let’s kick on from this with Spurs 1-1 Liverpool (goals that is)

COYS

Edit: Of course only Spurs can lose a winning game.... :ppffffffrtttt:

Edit v2: Son eventually does what he failed to do in 5 previous attempts... score! 2-2

Edit v3: 90’+1’ Strange to see Liverpool hanging on and making two late defensive subs 

Overall, 2-2 is probably a fair result

Edited by RoddieJ

That was probably one of the worst Referee performances (and VAR) I've seen in a very long time.

Not a  problem with Robertson's red card being a wild challenge, but Kane should have been sent off and Jota should have had a penalty.

Seems there are different criteria for the England Captain and the Scotland Captain.

The character of these 2 was plain to see after the game in their respective interviews. Robertson acknowledges the mistake he made and that it was a rash challenge. Kane says that he thought he got the ball. What a despicable character!

1 hour ago, Thug said:

That was probably one of the worst Referee performances (and VAR) I've seen in a very long time.

Not a  problem with Robertson's red card being a wild challenge, but Kane should have been sent off and Jota should have had a penalty.

Seems there are different criteria for the England Captain and the Scotland Captain.

The character of these 2 was plain to see after the game in their respective interviews. Robertson acknowledges the mistake he made and that it was a rash challenge. Kane says that he thought he got the ball. What a despicable character!

Not really fair comment because there were more questionable incidents in a quite intense match... How about the handball by Mo Salah leading up to their second goal, or the shove on Dele Ali in the box... and of course there were others, but that doesn’t mean players should be called out if referees have made mistakes!

Despicable is probably a fair description of Klopp’s behavior in the match, in my opinion.