what if no one is willing to pay that type of money

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surely bale has a crazy buy out fee?

Buy out clauses can be changed, Madrid did it with Ronaldo's, the problem is Bale's salary it will be difficult finding a club willing to match it.. he may just end up refusing to leave and collecting his salary like what Montolivo has been doing at Milan.

Buy out clauses can be changed, Madrid did it with Ronaldo's, the problem is Bale's salary it will be difficult finding a club willing to match it.. he may just end up refusing to leave and collecting his salary like what Montolivo has been doing at Milan.

Same situation Arsenal are in with Ozil

surely bale has a crazy buy out fee?

There is talk Real will even let him go on a free...

He's on insane wages. 

Same situation Arsenal are in with Ozil

Very difficult to find a buyer when the salary demands are so high, it's not like with the Ronaldo purchase where he is a product and basically pays for himself by generating income for the club (shirt sales, tickets, extra sponsorship, share prices etc)

They would have to drop their wages drastically coming off poor results or injury plagued seasons.

Edited by Gen

Ja it is just a ploy to put potential buyers off.

Have a look, all Madrid's players have huge buyout clauses..

Ronaldo's was also €1b but was removed just before the Juve sale.

You sure? Why would they even bother?

You sure? Why would they even bother?

Yip.. why do Madrid do half the things they do..because they can lol.. suppose it is just a way that the market knows, right someone is for sale let the bidding begin.

It was big news when it happened..

Remember Ronaldo told Marcelo during the weekend of the CL final that he was leaving, his agent had already approached Juve the night of the quarter finals in Turin that he wanted to leave RM and his first choice was Juve.

Pretty much a case of look I want to leave I have a buyer, you won't get your buyout fee cause I am 33 but remove it and there can be negotiations.

These crazy buyout clauses are just put in place to put off potential buyers and avoid silly season talk

Edited by Gen

Yip.. why do Madrid do half the things they do..because they can lol.. suppose it is just a way that the market knows, right someone is for sale let the bidding begin.

It was big news when it happened..

Remember Ronaldo told Marcelo during the weekend of the CL final that he was leaving, his agent had already approached Juve the night of the quarter finals in Turin that he wanted to leave RM and his first choice was Juve.

Pretty much a case of look I want to leave I have a buyer, you won't get your buyout fee cause I am 33 but remove it and there can be negotiations.

These crazy buyout clauses are just put in place to put off potential buyers and avoid silly season talk

I agree, but still don't see why they would go through the effort to remove it... they can still accept any fee they want, even well below the buyout clause.

The clause is just a price point, which if met, takes away the clubs ability to stop a player leaving. The club can accept any fee they like

I agree, but still don't see why they would go through the effort to remove it... they can still accept any fee they want, even well below the buyout clause.

The clause is just a price point, which if met, takes away the clubs ability to stop a player leaving. The club can accept any fee they like

Dramatic effect I suppose.. get the media talking get clubs bidding.

Speaking of Madrid, I see Kroos has extended..there is going to be a lot of movement at RM during the transfer window.

Depends what you class as a treble - for instance in 1984 Liverpool won the league, league cup and the European cup.

Out of all the trebles listed my opinion is that the city one is bottom of the list. Top are the 1999 Man U one (and I hate admitting that) and the Liverpool 1984 version. City haven't come close to that level of achievement.

And for all the cry-arsing about how good City are if Liverpool win their next game they will have as many European cups as city have league championships.

And if Spurs win they will have achieved something that city, for all their money and probable cheating, have never managed.

City still have the same amount of league championships as Sunderland. And European cups come to think of it...

A treble is a treble... takes some doing, which is why there are so few achieved.

The article I was reading referred to the domestic treble (City’s win) and compared it to the Champions League, League and Cup treble (Continental). They missed the LFC one from 84 that you refer to, and so did I.

Anyway, City still have a long way to go to get anywhere near the status of other EPL teams, but they are getting there with each win. Remember back in the early 90’s, LFC supporters showed a banner entitled, “Au revoir Cantona and Man United... come back when you’ve won 18!”. That was 94, and MU only had 9 titles compared to LFC’s 18. Roll on to 2008/09, LFC were 7 points clear at the top at the beginning of the year. A league win would put them 2 ahead of UTD, and a UTD win would bring them level - which is what happened and UTD fans displayed the banner saying, “You told us to come back when we’ve won 18. We are back...”

What I’m trying to say is that City might not be as good as LFC, Arsenal and UTD now, but what if they replicate the same type of story? IF... a small word with a big meaning. I say, “Watch this space”.

A treble is a treble... takes some doing, which is why there are so few achieved.

The article I was reading referred to the domestic treble (City’s win) and compared it to the Champions League, League and Cup treble (Continental). They missed the LFC one from 84 that you refer to, and so did I.

Anyway, City still have a long way to go to get anywhere near the status of other EPL teams, but they are getting there with each win. Remember back in the early 90’s, LFC supporters showed a banner entitled, “Au revoir Cantona and Man United... come back when you’ve won 18!”. That was 94, and MU only had 9 titles compared to LFC’s 18. Roll on to 2008/09, LFC were 7 points clear at the top at the beginning of the year. A league win would put them 2 ahead of UTD, and a UTD win would bring them level - which is what happened and UTD fans displayed the banner saying, “You told us to come back when we’ve won 18. We are back...”

What I’m trying to say is that City might not be as good as LFC, Arsenal and UTD now, but what if they replicate the same type of story? IF... a small word with a big meaning. I say, “Watch this space”.

Could easily be a decade plus before Utd are even competing for titles again... how many might City or Liverpool rack up in that time?

Chelsea and City may have gate crashed the party of late with big spending owners, but that doesn't change the fact that they are now sitting at that table.