Football

IceCreamMan

Decision was dodge as hell... But massive respect for getting the job done!!!

PSG fail again with all their stars and dominance in French league.

Wonder if buffon is still trying to get up after rashford shot. Took him ages to react to lakaku tap in

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never saw that coming. Buffon error an dodgy VAR but end of the day PSG got emselves to blame.

In essence out of the 4 games this week I got 3 wrong. ;)

And there are 4 more games to come next week and well the way things are going.. damn Juve may even just have a shot at Atletico

I feel for Buffon.. he will never have that CL medal.. but such is life.. Mbappe is only 20.. his time will come.. not sure if it will come at PSG though, they have a history of choking in these knockout games.

Veratti is however incredible.. brilliant intelligent and at times very hot headed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There were dodgy decisions before VAR, where a player is offside, onside or a deliberate handball that was missed by the ref/linesman.

They (officials) never had the benefit of a replay before and played on. Now VAR is around and they have the ability to review decisions, with the hope tht they get it right.

In both cases, a decision is made, that favours one team over the other. Not much has changed i.t.o. of the outcome... a losing team (and their supporters) tend to blame the loss on the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were dodgy decisions before VAR, where a player is offside, onside or a deliberate handball that was missed by the ref/linesman.

They (officials) never had the benefit of a replay before and played on. Now VAR is around and they have the ability to review decisions, with the hope tht they get it right.

In both cases, a decision is made, that favours one team over the other. Not much has changed i.t.o. of the outcome... a losing team (and their supporters) tend to blame the loss on the decision.

The handball rule is changing next season.. it will also aid decisions ..as with any rule the interpretation thereof is what leads to a decision

I think the var is great. It def changes the outcome, but also not indifferent as before. Players that used to sneak in suttle deliberate type fouls now most likely cant get away with it.

What I dont like is how negative the commenting staff are. It is the refs decision, and like the penalty last night, i was like no, cant be a penalty. Then after the third or fourth replay, you will notice the players arm is kinda outstretched in direction of the ball before he jumps and turns. Debatable i suppose, but still refs decision. The commentators can say all they want, but at least when a decision is made, they need to suck it up. Lol, bit of a rant I suppose, but liking the var.

I think the var is great. It def changes the outcome, but also not indifferent as before. Players that used to sneak in suttle deliberate type fouls now most likely cant get away with it.

What I dont like is how negative the commenting staff are. It is the refs decision, and like the penalty last night, i was like no, cant be a penalty. Then after the third or fourth replay, you will notice the players arm is kinda outstretched in direction of the ball before he jumps and turns. Debatable i suppose, but still refs decision. The commentators can say all they want, but at least when a decision is made, they need to suck it up. Lol, bit of a rant I suppose, but liking the var.

VAR is a good thing... it isn't a flawless but it is def better for the game.. i just think that once VAR is involved the decision should be out of the refs hands...if the VAR panel aren't able to make a conclusive decision then the orgiginal call should stand. It works with hockey but football always over complicates matters.

Edited by Gen

Ole lives for games like these.. he is just one of the most likeable people in the game always has been. How far they can go is to be seen but before he took over one would never have even thought that anything like this would be possible and now anything really is possible.

He has taken the same squad that were beaten and defeated on and off the pitch and made them believe.. Truly a man manager... big up to him and the players for turning things around since his arrival... United fans should enjoy these moments.

PS.. I posted this pic because of Cantona

f795d740d73e6a57f402fa086616e85b.jpg

Edited by Gen

My kids even at 17 and 15 yrs old have a very strict bed time.. yes I know.. but they need rest.. I however allow them to stay up for the football..also because my screaming keeps them up in any case...

My eldest as a big Roma fan couldn't bare to watch that game.. he was too nervous to watch it..poor kid that Roma side have really toyed with his emotions this season and asked to rather watch the PSG game.

They both like a lot of players the PSG side.. Mbappe, Veratti, Neymar (even in his absence and yes even with his rolling around) Buffon ..Thiago Silva..Danny Alves, Cavanni.. they don't mind United, they like Ole and Pogba and cheer for them in the PL when they aren't playing against their PL sides...shame my eldest was broken after that penalty was awarded.. he actually had tears in his eyes.. yes my son the beautiful game will put you through the ringer.

VAR aside.. and yes very dogy call IMO.

Ole's belief in his entire squad is just an example of what a coach is

.surely NOW they will give him the job full time.. when you hear about a dressing room chanting his name you have to think that this is the guy that brought the ever famous spirit of Manchester back to the club.

You'd take that penalty against Atletico be honest....

Sent from my GT-P5200 using Tapatalk

Decision was dodge as hell... But massive respect for getting the job done!!!

PSG fail again with all their stars and dominance in French league.

Wonder if buffon is still trying to get up after rashford shot. Took him ages to react to lakaku tap in

More BSG Bottle Saint Germain

Sent from my GT-P5200 using Tapatalk

Ole lives for games like these.. he is just one of the most likeable people in the game always has been. How far they can go is to be seen but before he took over one would never have even thought that anything like this would be possible and now anything really is possible.

He has taken the same squad that were beaten and defeated on and off the pitch and made them believe.. Truly a man manager... big up to him and the players for turning things around since his arrival... United fans should enjoy these moments.

PS.. I posted this pic because of Cantona

f795d740d73e6a57f402fa086616e85b.jpg

Always liked Eric it broke my heart when he left Leeds for UTD

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/soccer/uefa-champions-league/this-is-a-disgrace-says-psgs-neymar-on-var-penalty-for-man-united-19704331

Like I mentioned early, the refs decision must be respected. Commentators can say no etc, but once the decision is made, they should make it a postive point, incl sidelined players. I also understand whats said here and neymar will be missing out cl this season. Tough tomatoes.

neymar will be missing out cl this season. Tough tomatoes.

6274835b18c195ec553c1c1e38ece706.jpg