Racing Ralph life span.

Johnny 55

Hi guys. Im on a set of racing ralphs 2.25 evo snakeskin pacestar tl. Afyer 2000km i can see wetspots appearing on back tyre, tyre is gettin thin quickly. Used to get more than 5000km out of maxxis. Is this about the life cycle of the ralphs as its my 1st set of schwalbes ever? Thanks.

lol. i have a new set of these tires and they have wet spots. maybe you never noticed before?

Its the tyre weaping sealent , it happens more to skme tyres than others

Dont worry , the tyre wear can be pretty bad if its the oem racing ralph

Where did you buy the tyre ?

I bought it online. No problems with it, just wanna find out if its normal for the ralphs to wear down so quickly. I think its also because its a very soft tyre. Anyways thanks guys.

I bought it online. No problems with it, just wanna find out if its normal for the ralphs to wear down so quickly. I think its also because its a very soft tyre. Anyways thanks guys.

fast rolling soft compound grippy (for XCO) with a very compliant casing means the Racing Ralph has a shorter lifespan.

1500-2500km before center tread blocks are stuffed is normal. Less if you ride them on the road often.

Have used both Maxxis and RRs and generally you will get more mileage out the Maxxis range tyres.

Three different brands of tyres have started seeping latex for me roughly after 2 to 3yrs.

Apparently its a chemical in the sealant that slowly eats away at the tyre.

Its the ammonia.

However after 2 to 3yrs this would be expected. Tyres are likely shot by then anyway. Rubber has hardened, starts tocrack up due to UV exposure

I rate Maxxis will definitely last longer but the softer compound of the Racing Ralphs helps with traction.

Maybe consider riding an Ikon on the back because it is more durable combined with a RR at the front for a grippier ride.

Maxxis have a harder rubber compound (higher carbon content) which gives them life span.  That said, Schwalbe use a softer compound that is faster wearing (2000 -3000km is plenty) but the tyre gives you plenty of grip and a cloud like ride quality.  I used to get upset with the wear being quicker on the Schwalbe, but my Strava times are better on them than maxxis.

I didn't want to go there. Maxxis have their own church here it seems.

They are harder so wear better

Grip is good in dusty conditions except on rock but they roll poorly.