Bicycling Magazine Loss of Values

jandemoerin

:offtopic:

Hey, look, OP got a response!  Not everyone is completely satisfied, but nothing of importance left to say, except that decisions will be made...  In other news, have anyone noticed how wildly taste, appreciation and quality differs from beer to beer?

And just this morning a colleague commended me on my ability to chug Black Label and remain (apparently) sober.  I did not remind him that was three years ago and my increased fitness has since decreased my ability to handle copious amounts of alcohol...  :whistling:  

what a random and amusing avatar. me likes

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, look, OP got a response!  Not everyone is completely satisfied, but nothing of importance left to say, except that decisions will be made...  In other news, have anyone noticed how wildly taste, appreciation and quality differs from beer to beer?

And just this morning a colleague commended me on my ability to chug Black Label and remain (apparently) sober.  I did not remind him that was three years ago and my increased fitness has since decreased my ability to handle copious amounts of alcohol...  :whistling:  

You want a little weekend fun, have a blind beer tasting with your mates... take 8-10 of the more common beers around (BL/Castle/Lite/Amstel/Lite/Windhoek/Heineken/Millers/Bud etc), line them up in glasses, blindfold, taste and guess - if anyone even gets 50% right you can buy them a Bells. You'll particularly enjoy how often people will even get 'their' beer wrong.

Also works pretty well with Whiskey

A reply from the editor of BM was received yesterday, with a qualified apology.

Thank goodness.Thats that then ...move on

Black Label drinker from Bloem I can probably guess the High School you went too

1. JF 
  2. Sentraal
  3. Fichardtpark 

edit: I'm JF class of 2002

Edited by fanievb

A reply from the editor of BM was received yesterday, with a qualified apology.

Lekka man lekka

:thumbup:

Black Label drinker from Bloem I can probably guess the High School you went too

1. JF
  2. Sentraal
  3. Fichardtpark 

I regret to inform you that you are incorrect, based on a wrongful assumption that I'm Bloemfontein born and bred...  I have much colder and way less flat beginnings, being raised in the Eastern Free State.  :P

I regret to inform you that you are incorrect, based on a wrongful assumption that I'm Bloemfontein born and bred...  I have much colder and way less flat beginnings, being raised in the Eastern Free State.  :P

mmmmmm, depending on age I'd guess

1. Voortrekker
  2. Reitz
  3. Kestell

mmmmmm, depending on age I'd guess

1. Voortrekker
  2. Reitz
  3. Kestell

Impressive!

Reitz, class of 2003.

Reitz was, however, only where I was schooled  :D Spent a lot of time there, though, being a "koshuisbrak" and all...

Weather must be k$k up there hey?

. A bit ironic that your post implies he is taking the moral high ground in the context of this thread?