Venge S-WORKS 2019 Build

waynen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the clx wheels are lighter than the DTswiss?

Is 300g worth all the extra cash?

300g or not it's still a damn good looking build. It can be 300g more and I would still dig it.

Hey LWB, the CLX50 claim to be 1,415g vs the DT Swiss at 1,535g so in theory yes. The CLX have the added benefit of being a little wider and have Ceramic Speed bearings. Is the extra cash worth 300g well thats more difficult to answer especially when you are an amateur weekend warrior like myself.

But i must admit that i do get satisfaction knowing that the bike is going to be around 400g lighter with the CLX50 than a top of the line S-Works factory build from Spesh.

It also goes to show that you can still have a sub 7kg bike that has the benefits of disc brakes, being aero and having wide wheels - my weight is with 28mm Schwalbes front and back

I love the new venge - amazing bike!

Enjoy your new ride. Please give us some feedback once you have ridden it.

Hey Schnavel will do thanks

You need to change those Cr pedal axles for Ti… another 50g I think right there... :blink:

I also built my Propel by selecting the parts carefully and got to a 6.85kg bike ready to go excl bidons but incl cages and pedals etc etc.

You need to change those Cr pedal axles for Ti… another 50g I think right there... :blink:

Hey Phoenix they are the Ti version

I also built my Propel by selecting the parts carefully and got to a 6.85kg bike ready to go excl bidons but incl cages and pedals etc etc.

Awesome

According to the below posts from early on, the axles are Ti. 

The Berk is a thing of beauty. Pedals in backround are the Look Keo Ti that will also be part of the buildattachicon.gifBF62FCC0-91FB-4B0D-9811-B24C0E5FF604.jpeg

Are the clx wheels are lighter than the DTswiss?

Is 300g worth all the extra cash?

300g or not it's still a damn good looking build. It can be 300g more and I would still dig it.

NB the CLX 50's come with ceramic bearings - which i must say are unbelievable.

once you try Ceramic you will not back easily.

as for the 300g, its all rotational weight, so i think its impact on how the wheels accelerate and feel is accentuated.  

finally the newer rim profiles stats are showing benefits aerodynamically. that and the fat rim allows the tire pressures to be dropped for a more forgiving ride.

ps. i'm not just saying this because i own 2 sets of Roval CLX50's  :ph34r:

yes 2 sets.

i was going to go weight weenie and buy some super light 30mm rims, but the savings in weight is small and the loss in aero is large.

so both my bikes run on the same set of hoops.

Edited by Furbz

@waynan,

build looks fantastic!

whats the eta on your wheels?

Hey Furbz thanks very much. Spesh can't give me an eta but expect it will be within the next month or two.