• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe light snow,we will never know :clap:

well i've done the extreme heat

the extreme wind

so the extreme cold might be the way to go

Edited by ouzo

i haven't played the seeding game for quite a while.

I see the argus from the previous year now carries a penalty of 10 points. so recent results count more. i like that!

IICR it used to not carry penalty for 1 year for Argus only. Seems they have now changed that because that link is for argus specific seeding, not general seeding.

i checked the cycle tour seeding website and it's been updated. http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/riderseeding.aspx

Sucks when you were able todo only 1 race due to injuries and thats not on official seeding list .. 5 penalty points.. o well, there goes sub 3.

Edit:

Either that or they penalize by date of event, not current date

Edited by Karman de Lange

i haven't played the seeding game for quite a while.

I see the argus from the previous year now carries a penalty of 10 points. so recent results count more. i like that!

But 99er before that has less penalty (6)  .. I give up on this

for you maybe. that herculean trip of your was epic. the rest of us mere mortals have to contend with a few hours of riding here and there.

I'm with you. Lately my training is something I dream about.

It's disingenuous to advertise specific races as official seeding events (99er being one) but you get penalized if event older than 5 months come the following year.

It's obvious they use current events.

Just be upfront about it.

IICR it used to not carry penalty for 1 year for Argus only. Seems they have now changed that because that link is for argus specific seeding, not general seeding.

but it works out to the same index?

but it works out to the same index?

Previously your argus seeding(and other seeding races as well I think) went for a year with no penalty for the argus only. Other races the penalty would apply. So if you like me this year and had to stop riding and the last race you did was argus 2018 then my seeding of 11 would still be 11 for 2019 but now they applying the penalty like with all my other results and my argus is now 21. My fast one seeding is 18 with penalty so they have taken that for the argus 2019. 

My argus seeding always used to be slightly different to my normal racetec seeding.

I think that's how it is working, could be wrong.

It's disingenuous to advertise specific races as official seeding events (99er being one) but you get penalized if event older than 5 months come the following year.

It's obvious they use current events.

Just be upfront about it.

that is a very good point!

I do however agree with the thinking.

It used to be quite possible to do the argus once a year and stick with your bunch to smits, then just latch onto whoever came past, you'd finish in the bottom 1/4 of your group but probably stay there for next year. A feast for wheelsuckers.

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=2018&EN=2018%20Cape%20Town%20Cycle%20Tour%20%28109km%29&SG=1E&page=2

I'm looking randomly at bunch 1E

winner 2:45

about half the group 3:00 or less

a handful slower than 3:30 and a handful more slower than 4

The guy in 3:15 is miles behind his bunch, 30mins, he doesn't belong in this group

Then we look at another random group, 3E

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=2018&EN=2018%20Cape%20Town%20Cycle%20Tour%20%28109km%29&SG=3E

these okes probably started about an hour later, and 10 of them have beaten 3:20

We know the guys at the front of 3E are better cyclists currently, but they get the same seeding.

They will be in the same group this year wonder who will go quicker?

It used to be quite possible to do the argus once a year and stick with your bunch to smits, then just latch onto whoever came past, you'd finish in the bottom 1/4 of your group but probably stay there for next year. A feast for wheelsuckers.

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=2018&EN=2018%20Cape%20Town%20Cycle%20Tour%20%28109km%29&SG=1E&page=2

The guy in 3:15 is miles behind his bunch, 30mins, he doesn't belong in this group

http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=2018&EN=2018%20Cape%20Town%20Cycle%20Tour%20%28109km%29&SG=3E

these okes probably started about an hour later, and 10 of them have beaten 3:20

We know the guys at the front of 3E are better cyclists currently, but they get the same seeding.

I'm not following your logic.

Index is taken as percentage of the winner overall, not your group winner

Keep in mind some guys drop back to ride with mates (or the are really really late).  Just because somebody rode in 3E doesn't mean they were seeded there.

Anybody got an idea how the indexes relate to the start groups? Roughly?  

it depends on who decides to ride in the racing categories. their names get stripped out of the Seeded groups seeding run so it can influence whether the 1A cut off is 14.00 or 15.00 or 16.00

Fewer people in racing categories then your seeding index needs to lower for 1A for example.

More people in racing cat and it goes the opposite way

thats how I understand it

I'm not following your logic.

Index is taken as percentage of the winner overall, not your group winner

that is correct

What I was saying in a roundabout way, you can't rely on a single race each year to keep your argus seeding. The okes wheelsucking will need to do more events