[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

I'm doing the Argus with my son on a tandem this year. He is 10 years old and doesn't have a seeding. My PPA seeding is A. Does anyone know how they will seed us? Hope we don't start right at the back.

good luck to your son

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing the Argus with my son on a tandem this year. He is 10 years old and doesn't have a seeding. My PPA seeding is A. Does anyone know how they will seed us? Hope we don't start right at the back.

Right at the back, in the unseeded blocks, unless you are both PPA members, then you can slot into an earlier PPA bunch. Otherwise the slowest tandem partners' starting time is where you must start. There are no more dedicated tandem starting blocks except for the racing tandems.

Whatever you do, dedicate this year to making it fun for him. That way he'll want to do it again next year. You will definitely have a few other tandems with similar teams around you. Chat, have a stop and a bite. Take pictures. Even go for a swim in Simonstown. Buy ice cream somewhere. Have a lekker leg massage. Take more pictures.

I soooo miss those times! 

That sounds a bit like my crowd. We live an easy ride away from the start, so it simply became a normal Sunday ride for us.....with road closure and crowds cheering......fun ride! 

Julle moet dit waardeer!

The best we have up north is the Crade and Suikerbosrand which are  - mind you - A LOT like the Argus route, minus the ocean...and the mountains...and the seabreeze...and the beach...and the hundreds of caffeine stops :P :P.

See you  in March :clap: !

Have you signed him up as PPA family member, if so it wont be right at the back. And also would suggest after you get your seeding, of course ideally sign the two of you up for the next sportif, which might also help as it will give him at least some kind of seeding

You will probably end up in the racing tandems with that creepy hubber :P

That's where I started and 29 years later I still ride with my toppie, only now he is on the back. Lets hope you are starting another long tradition of father/son tandem pairings. I enjoy racing VA but there is just something special about racing tandem with my toppie. Good luck and I hope to meet you two one day.

Charity tickets still on sale !

Join our "French" team !

Price ticket : 1200 ZAR.

Package includes :
. Ticket for the race (value R 800)
. Team t-shirt
. Donation for our association (see SABC report about one of charity initiatve :

)

. 1 training session : on the 3rd of March

To join us, send an email to : lecapsportif@gmail.com

Our Fb page : https://www.facebook.com/CapSportif/

Take up the challenge & ride with the Frenchies !

ATTENTION ALL RIDERS! Please note that seedings will be communicated to all Cape Town Cycle Tour entrants by latest next week Wednesday, 13 February.

Best seeding ever, worst fitness in years. *YAY*

Nope but my index is 0.012 so thats like an elite start for March.

Goodness okay, didn't know they did it down to 3rd decimal places :eek: