Bryton - Yay or Nay?

dbotha

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest pain with bryton is getting your activities to Strava. Fire up bryton app...sync.... Download gpx... Upload to Strava.....aaaargh. my byton was great while I had it.. But I would pay extra for that autosynchronisation via Bluetooth to Garmin connect and Strava

Bryton 330 and 530 does everything now via WIFI. easypeasy. Stop ride and goto sync, that is it.

Ya

Love my Bryton 330.  It sync's with everything and uploads as soon as I get to my home wifi. Buddies have much more expensive gadgets but still have problems.

my lady has a Bryton 330. (Used to be mine) I have a giant Neostrack. Very happy with mine. From what I understand the Neostrack is based on a Bryton 530 but it has Giant's all important backup and warranty. Comes with an out front mount and a stem mount.

Do they both have the same mount?

no. The giant has its own mount. I do wish all these guys would adopt the Garmin standard to make everyone's life easier

Same here with Lezyne, but I must say Lezyne's X-lock is much more secured compared to Garmin's. There is no way you can unclip it by accident while riding because it has a unique way to unlock it.

no. The giant has its own mount. I do wish all these guys would adopt the Garmin standard to make everyone's life easier

Ugh man, vokn ball ache!! Only generic one I've found is Barfly, they have all the different mounts in the box.

Wish they'd standardise, even the slightly older Brytons have different mounts. Agree with Andrew though about the Lezyne mount. Definitely one of the more secure mount standards.

My Bryton Rider 60 works(ed) very well and was very happy with it as i was on a budget as well. Had everything together for GPS and HRM etc. Would still be on it, but got a nice bonus and decided to go with Garmin as Discovery are still being a bunch of richard heads about not supporting anyone but their "preferred partners".Personally i think Discovery rents out their brand name to "partners" enticing them to pay to be a partner. Pity as there are lots of fitness devices out there that work well and keep the public fit....

I've been riding with Brytin since 2013 and will give them an unequivocal Yay.

Started out on the Bryton Rider40 in 2013. Had no issues. It gives you everything you need with no hassles. The only drawback was the bryton website and software which wasn't great, although it did work.

I upgraded to the Bryton 530 at the end of 2016 and have been more than satisfied. I did experience a problem this year when my rides did not record. I emailed support and the issue was resolved in 24 hours. That's litterally the only issue I had in the 5 years I've been using their products, and it was sorted within a day.

The 530 is a great device. I still haven't had to charge it since Trans Baviaans. It uploads to Strava automatically via wifi and just works. I've used it to navigate on Sani2c and had zero issues. As a device, can't fault it.

Edited by Squier

My Bryton Rider 60 works(ed) very well and was very happy with it as i was on a budget as well. Had everything together for GPS and HRM etc. Would still be on it, but got a nice bonus and decided to go with Garmin as Discovery are still being a bunch of richard heads about not supporting anyone but their "preferred partners".Personally i think Discovery rents out their brand name to "partners" enticing them to pay to be a partner. Pity as there are lots of fitness devices out there that work well and keep the public fit....

That's the only drawback I've got as well. Now I'll need something else for the Discovery so I'll have to get something in addition to the Bryton just for Discovery. [emoji21][emoji849]

That's the only drawback I've got as well. Now I'll need something else for the Discovery so I'll have to get something in addition to the Bryton just for Discovery. [emoji21][emoji849]

I got myself a Tomtom watch for Discovery at the start of last year.

Total cost of the two devices about the same as what a Garmin or Wahoo would have cost me, and for the odd Parkrun etc. I don't need to take my phone with.

Unfortunately Tomtom seem to be exiting this market, so who knows how long Discovery will play nice with them.

Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'm going to try this Bryton out.

All I'm mainly going to use it for is Heart Rate and elevation and grade ,and of course better phone battery haha!

https://www.amazon.com/Bryton-Rider-Cycling-Computer-display/dp/B01KGN9AOC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1536255515&sr=8-3&keywords=bryton+330&dpID=41DlJtIqqkL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Very nice indeed! Got the 310. 330 comes with route planning & navigation if you’re going to ride on the road????????