Scott contact

thebob

So how many days has it been since you sent whatever?

A week to get back to you seems fair.

I disagree. Why not check your emails/messages (you're in customer service chaps) and respond saying 'sorry, i'm away, but promise to sort you out when i'm back on xxxx'. Gives a bit of warm and fuzzy to the OP, and no wailing and gnashing of teeth and social media outrage.

a bit of communication can avert many-a-crisis, but an aversion to communication is a crisis.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Why not check your emails/messages (you're in customer service chaps) and respond saying 'sorry, i'm away, but promise to sort you out when i'm back on xxxx'. Gives a bit of warm and fuzzy to the OP, and no wailing and gnashing of teeth and social media outrage.

a bit of communication can avert many-a-crisis, but an aversion to communication is a crisis.

Even simpler than that, set up your out-of-office reply with contact details for someone that will be able to assist

Even simpler than that, set up your out-of-office reply with contact details for someone that will be able to assist

Spot on! Not a difficult thing to get right IMO

Edited by the_bob

So how many days has it been since you sent whatever?

A week to get back to you seems fair.

You must be very far removed from customer service. If you want to do business, same day response, at the worst the next day.

time to change brands, was looking at the RC myself..

Don't get me wrong, the product is stupendously good

I have had quick response from Gareth Lee for the issue I had with my road frame...

Maybe it's because of travel that you not getting a response?

Not releasing properly from lockout, to traction control to descend mode

Tried messaging them via FB. Will try the website. Thanks!

Has the same problem with mine, basically the fit4 at the front shock was my problem, that the plastic gets stuck, supposedly there is a bearing fitting that could be used instead of the plastic, but these are not easily available.

Not sure if it is the same problem

Hi all

Anyone have a contact at Scott SA. My LBS is trying to support me with an issue I'm having with the Twinloc on my bike, but it seems that there is a bit of a lack of support from Scott. I'd just like to speak to someone there to try get to the bottom of the issue and get my bike running as it should

Good morning, apologies for being out of the loop for a bit.... Who is your local bike shop so I can get onto it! 

Contact on the Hub used to be @JoggiePrinsloo. May still be.

But good luck - Scott SA has of late been very disinterested with regards to customer care to existing customers. Focus seems to be more on pushing the sales whilst Nino is still cresting the wave.

But that is my experience. Other may feel differently.

Hi, that is not the situation at all and I am sorry you feel this way. I can assure you that one of our main goals is after sales service and this is a department where we are implementing and focusing on getting better daily. I am available to discuss your experience. Please feel free to mail me joggie.prinsloo@scott-sports.co.za

So, I have PM's and emailed Joggie, emailed Gareth, send a message to Scott SA via Facebook and via their website. So far I have got no response at all. Pretty piss poor IMO. Either not interested at all or their IT infrastructure is up to ****!

Again, we are sorry for your experience. It was difficult staying online the last week as I was in Switzerland. I hope you can accept apology and that we can get to bottom of your issue. Just to give all of you a bit of info as to how procedure work. The Spark 940 was fitted with Fox fork and dealers and Fox South Africa is well aware of our suspension setup as we have spend time with them in getting this 100%. If a shop can not get to bottom of this the fork should be send to FOX SA BNY YOUR LOCAL DEALER as we are NOT allowed to work on FOX. I can assure you that if the problem is not sorted on their side they will get in contact with us to solve. Hope this helps a bit. 

Once again please get in contact with me so we can get you back on your bike or at least onto a demo bike until we get to bottom of this.

Thanks, Joggie

Thanks for following up Joggie. Appreciate the assistance. Kirk called me now and understands that Omnico needs to sort the shock out. Hopefully it will be sorted soon from their side. I'll keep the thread updated for those interested

@the_bob So I have just spoken to Kirk and now I have some more info as to what the situation is. So you bought the bike from Bike Addict online and they have packed it and send it to your house. Issue here is that you will always have risk that something could go wrong during packing of the bike or maybe during transport which seem to be the problem here. When you picked up the problem you did the natural thing by taking it to an official Scott Dealer which was 100%. 

Now he needs to sort the problem by doing one of the following things. Call Omnico to submit this as faulty and send it to them to repair and this will cost you money as the dealer had to take some of his time to strip and the postage to send to Omnico who is handling Fox warranties in SA and this we dont want. The second option is to inform the dealer who you bought the bike from and they need to handle this issue.

We at Scott Sports are NOT allowed to handle or swop any FOX products, but we will facilitate this until its resolved. Our main goal at Scott Sports is to get you back on your bike asap.

Hope this helps. Please note that I am talking to all parties involved and I am sure you will receive a call soon.

Joggie

Thanks for following up Joggie. Appreciate the assistance. Kirk called me now and understands that Omnico needs to sort the shock out. Hopefully it will be sorted soon from their side. I'll keep the thread updated for those interested

I have just spoken to Johan, the owner at Bike Addict where you have bought the bike and they are willing to get the bike bike and solve the issue. Will you please get in contact with Johan so that he can make arrangements. Hi detail: Johan Rabie 022 482 2974

Thanks and once again we apologise for any convenience caused.

Please keep me posted. 082 562 4540

Joggie