Maap Clothing

Aurora

Hi All,

I am looking at getting some of this kit as I love the way it looks but am unable to test fit any to see if they are as good as they look.

Anybody have any reviews?

The MAAP kit looks fantastic, but it's rather on the pricey side. 

Hopefully they will have a sale soon *hint hint*

You can get your own custom kit with your own design for half the price of the Maap kit.

I used Ciovita and were very happy with them.

Quality on par with any overseas kit I own.

Hmm, nothing like lekka feeling and looking kit.

That MAAP brand looks cool.

my cheaper kit felt fantastic too... when it was new, and now it doesn't. My spendy kit feels just as good now as it did new.

You can get your own custom kit with your own design for half the price of the Maap kit.

I used Ciovita and were very happy with them.

Quality on par with any overseas kit I own.

Ciovita is excellent but find i HAVE to wear a base layer with my bibs as they chafe my nipples after a few hours, and really... what cyclists tape themselves before a ride?

Having bought and worn Maap, its definitely not locally made equivalent. Yes some local stuff is good but Maap is really quality stuff. 

Sizing is not "Italian" aka smaller than usual. Its designed and shaped in Australia for dudes that are normal size. 

I wear medium Maap kit... I wear medium pretty much everything. So if you are always a small, or always a medium get that size in Maap and you'll be ok.

Having bought and worn Maap, its definitely not locally made equivalent. Yes some local stuff is good but Maap is really quality stuff. 

Sizing is not "Italian" aka smaller than usual. Its designed and shaped in Australia for dudes that are normal size. 

I wear medium Maap kit... I wear medium pretty much everything. So if you are always a small, or always a medium get that size in Maap and you'll be ok.

Pretty sure you didn’t pay normal retail for your Maap tho.Those prices are insane.

Pretty sure you didn’t pay normal retail for your Maap tho.Those prices are insane.

If you think that's pricey then check out the Black sheep stuff out of Aussie... and they sell out every single run. 

If you think that's pricey then check out the Black sheep stuff out of Aussie... and they sell out every single run. 

yeah... it's not everyday that an Aussie can be happy to be inside Black Sheep... so little wonder there eh?

You are right... I flew to Italy and bought some there in the Basso store while I was there since Basso and Maap have a racing synergy.

The difference in most kit I find is qualified by how long it lasts:

Assos Bibs;  R4000, Lasts 4 Years or more. R1000 per year. not too bad then...

Local bibs no names mentioned; R1500 - R2000. Lasts one year, maybe two at a squeeze. making them more expensive per year.

Maap should also be in the lasts more than 2 years category. Especially true in winter jackets as they need to be high technical, but will last 5 years pretty easily.

EDIT: The OP didn't say he had a problem with price or quality, or wanted cheaper alternatives. He likes the brand and style and wants to make sure it fits. If the guy wants to buy high end kit then let him do so. Honestly the feel of the Maap lycra is unique to anything else I have and the bibs and chamois are great, I really like wearing them and have Assos and some other high end stuff too, including some local custom wear.

Edited by Bike Mob