Can I "adjust" campy sti's shifting

Allrounder

So my setup 2x10

campy veloce shifters 

x9 rear derailer

rest not relevant. 

When I am riding and downshifts, it almost always jumps a couple of cogs at the rear. 

I read online that it is how Campy should shift, but I can not think that it is normal..... unless (very possible) i am doing, or did something wrong. 

Is there a way that i can change it to not jump down most the gears while pushing the mouse ear for that milli second to long? 

not sure what an x9 RD is?

if its older type ergo shifters

and lets assume your hanger isnt bent / your chain the correct length and  isnt worn and neither is your cassette /RD springs are all ok and its all indexed correctly ..

then its probably (depending on the model of your ergo ) a g spring issue and you should contact Jonathan https://www.bikehub.co.za/user/3851-jmk1/

as he is the go to man about campy ergo repairs and replacements

Edited by bikebloke

Firstly let's get the name right. It is NOT STI's but Ergopower.

Secondly, yes, that is the way Campagnolo works. Just learn to not put too much pressure if you only need to move down one gear.

Thanks man I will try this. 

Indeed it is the SRAM x9 

I have never seen Campy shifters paired with an SRAM RD. I'm impressed that it works at all.

You can experiment with the B-tension screw. Have a look online, but should be near the cable housing end-point onto the RD - it will move the RD vertically closer to the cluster which may give you crisper shifting

Edited by 100Tours

Indeed everything works fine and are relatively new. 

Its just mouse ear that is so damn sensitive. I press it and grrrr 3 or 4 gears down

I am used to man-handling the shimano stuff. 

Edited by Allrounder

I have never seen Campy shifters paired with an SRAM RD. I'm impressed that it works at all.

You can experiment with the B-tension screw. Have a look online, but should be near the cable housing end-point onto the RD - it will move the RD vertically closer to the cluster which may give you crisper shifting

SRAMpy is a thing. Great for CX and the like where you want ergos with a clutch RD and don't feel like remortgaging your house for a SRAM hydro setup.

SRAMpy is a thing. Great for CX and the like where you want ergos with a clutch RD and don't feel like remortgaging your house for a SRAM hydro setup.

Never too old to learn!

Note to self: RESIST!