Hogsback enduro / tech trails

captain morgan

You'll be doing yourselves a gigantic favor by getting in on this.

It's not just the trails that are super duper special but the whole of Hogback is magical and you won't need to consume any mushrooms to experience this magic. 

The trails are best in country and real wild like you've never experienced.

Built by riders for riders... No dumbing down and definitely no governing by clubs, chairmen and bodies wanting "family friendly" trails.

Beginner riders and xc folk there is a lot of dirt road for you to explore while the rest find the gnar in the woods. Or if you think you are brave enough then by all means, come get some......

Organize a lift club and come get what you really bought into when you purchased a "big boy bike".  Crazy, scared & most importantly a Party on the trail!!!

You are ********* crazy! Crazy I tell you! 

So am I. Can't wait to get my ass down there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who is no stranger to 'shredding the gnar' that trail scares the pants off me and we all know a gopro/pov makes 10 foot drops look like curb hops.

I don't think there are too many guys around who could navigate that without buying some serious land.

That gap to rock made my butt clench hard!

Look, not all the trails are gnarly all the time but you will have moments where you think twice about what you are doing. But hey, That's all part of the fun and why we do what we do right? 

Just think of all the cake you'll deserve and how proud of yourself you'll be when you clean the sections and all the high fives and fisting you be doing to each other...... oh sorry, "fist bumbimping"

Ja, That launchpad is pretty wild & that trail is hardcore & spooky.

You are ********* crazy! Crazy I tell you! 

So am I. Can't wait to get my ass down there.

You'll dig this joint so much.

I got post trip depression from this place and hey there are a couple of great Cape Trails but they ain't got nothing on these.

WC really needs to step up there game a lot if they want to compete with what's happening there in the EC.

The build in the video looks epic. I have done some of the trails there before and loved it so much that I often do day trips to Hogsback just to ride in the forest.

Is there any way of sharing the new trails on Trailforks if they're not there already.

Look, not all the trails are gnarly all the time but you will have moments where you think twice about what you are doing. But hey, That's all part of the fun and why we do what we do right? 

Just think of all the cake you'll deserve and how proud of yourself you'll be when you clean the sections and all the high fives and fisting you be doing to each other...... oh sorry, "fist bumbimping"

Ja, That launchpad is pretty wild & that trail is hardcore & spooky.

hahahahaha The image of me fisting my mates on the rock gap launch is burned into my head forever......

The build in the video looks epic. I have done some of the trails there before and loved it so much that I often do day trips to Hogsback just to ride in the forest.

Is there any way of sharing the new trails on Trailforks if they're not there already.

How tight do you wear your ride pant?

How tight do you wear your ride pant?

I've done the #enduro section at Three Silos ?

I think I'll stick to running around the mountain ..... until I've grown some brass and learned some skills

Most of the trails start off steep then mellows out in to some epic flow sections in the forest with features with bypass lines , then steep again mellowing out again before you get spat out in the valley below the mountain. Some xc pedal to the main road and pleasant tarr pedal back to the village.... or shuttle .

Trails =Black - Red/ Blue - Blackish - Red / Blue .

Most of the trails start off steep then mellows out in to some epic flow sections in the forest with features with bypass lines , then steep again mellowing out again before you get spat out in the valley below the mountain. Some xc pedal to the main road and pleasant tarr pedal back to the village.... or shuttle .

Trails =Black - Red/ Blue - Blackish - Red / Blue .

Yebo, some of that stuff looks seriously like Canadian North shore...lekka foresty!

• 1 month later...

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to experience these trails for the third time, and they just get more and more satisfying! It's really amazing what Doc and the guys have put together here, I seriously respect and commend their HOURS of work! 

If you want to challenge your skills (and your bravery at times) this is definitely a destination for you! If you just want to see what it's about, there's no shame in walking a section or 2 (just remember these are gravity trails).

These are some of the gnarliest natural trails I've had the pleasure of riding in South Africa, and  the most rewarding by far! Come see it to believe it! Or leave in disbelief haha

Here's a link to some riding from our second trip in September:

COME RIDE THESE TRAILS!!!

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to experience these trails for the third time, and they just get more and more satisfying! It's really amazing what Doc and the guys have put together here, I seriously respect and commend their HOURS of work! 

If you want to challenge your skills (and your bravery at times) this is definitely a destination for you! If you just want to see what it's about, there's no shame in walking a section or 2 (just remember these are gravity trails).

These are some of the gnarliest natural trails I've had the pleasure of riding in South Africa, and  the most rewarding by far! Come see it to believe it! Or leave in disbelief haha

Here's a link to some riding from our second trip in September:

COME RIDE THESE TRAILS!!!

Nice, thanks for the vid~!