Video: The new Delta Park tree line is amazing! Well done Jozi Trails!

knievel

Yesterday we rode the new delta Park tree line which has been extended to run all the way from Standard drive down to the river. It was just TOOO cool!

I don't know of another free, public trail that could match the amount of fun you can have on this. It even beats most private trails, and there's LOADS more to come. 

A huge shout out to Jozi Trails for the hard work that's gone into making this as rad as it is! 

Here's a highlights video of our ride too, if you're interested.  :thumbup:

Edited by knievel

Very cool, how do one get to the start exactly?

Its best to start from Sproket and Jack and ride up into Delta Park. The line runs down the fence of Delta Park, along Bantam dr, Blairgowrie.

Its best to start from Sproket and Jack and ride up into Delta Park. The line runs down the fence of Delta Park, along Bantam dr, Blairgowrie.

You guys have a GPS trace of the route? Didn't recognize the start of the video as my riding group usually starts from Tiger's Milk or Old Parks

Also, for those interested, join the Jozi Trails FB page where they post updates on the trail builds. There is also info on how to donate to the cause via Snapscan or Zapper!

so who actually maintains this awesome piece of cycling heaven for us so we can just go out there and enjoy ourselves.

For free nogal

Edited by Rolling Stone

You guys have a GPS trace of the route? Didn't recognize the start of the video as my riding group usually starts from Tiger's Milk or Old Parks

Also, for those interested, join the Jozi Trails FB page where they post updates on the trail builds. There is also info on how to donate to the cause via Snapscan or Zapper!

This is the segment https://www.strava.com/activities/1946521071/segments/49069153747

Yesterday we rode the new delta Park tree line which has been extended to run all the way from Standard drive down to the river. It was just TOOO cool!

I don't know of another free, public trail that could match the amount of fun you can have on this. It even beats most private trails, and there's LOADS more to come. 

A huge shout out to Jozi Trails for the hard work that's gone into making this as rad as it is! 

Here's a highlights video of our ride too, if you're interested.  :thumbup:

Lekker guys. Well done. :clap:

quick down .. long up bantam .Old tree line was getting hard ,stoney and rutted , easy washout .. lekka okes well done on new line !!

You okes have lekker soil for building trails. Its more like a beach down here...

Our soils not great either... they often even resort to importing soil from other parts of the country to make lekker berms up here.

Midlands probably the best natural soil for berms I've seen - Karkloof trails  :drool:  :thumbup:

I was at Delta Park on Saturday afternoon for a photo shoot and saw the track... instant FOMO watching a few people descent. They just to ride faster, and get their CoG lower to maintain speed through the berms.

Well done to the crew responsible for the track.