The Veganism Thread

Odinson

It's so easy to stereotype a group of people you don't agree with... I happen to know a fair number of vegans that are extremely well educated and logic based thinkers.

And there are millions of extremely well educated and logic based Christians and Muslims in this world that believe in Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark, Jonah and the whale and 77 virgins in heaven. They sucked up all that sh1te without a problem, what makes vegans so special?  Have you been 'enlightened' like all the other 32000 religions, cults  and belief systems existing today? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there are millions of extremely well educated and logic based Christians and Muslims in this world that believe in Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark, Jonah and the whale and 77 virgins in heaven. They sucked up all that sh1te without a problem, what makes vegans so special? Have you been 'enlightened' like all the other 32000 religions, cults and belief systems existing today?

There are also people that believe rhino horn improves your rigidity and that the earth is flat. What have these people and religion got to do with vegansim or vegetarianism?

.........but the vegans are just getting a little stroke with a feather compared to the baseball bat to the head that the trophy hunters get..... :ph34r:

or those that happen to be religious. 

It’s ironic in that the vegan trope of “how do you know someone is vegan...” is being repurposed on here to “how do you know someone is triggered by veganism”, as it is constantly being brought up on random threads by non-vegans. It’s not helpful and it’s unnecessary.

Its the side effect of some people pushing back.

Much like how we see Trump getting to power and Brexit happening. Its not that they necessarily agree with those people, its that they have had enough of the leftists. (veganists in this case).

That very annoying (not because of his diet) Everest world champ guy for instance, didn't do the other less obnoxious vegans much of a favour. As an example.

Edited by Patchelicious

Much like how we see Trump getting to power and Brexit happening. Its not that they necessarily agree with those people, its that they have had enough of the leftist (veganists in this case).

That very annoying (not because of his diet) Everest world champ guy for instance, didn't do the other less obnoxious vegans much of a favour. As an example.

Has anyone ever actually had a vegan corner them and force them to listen?

Most of the vegan agenda is social media based so you actually have to actively choose to read about it. Then complain and push back. Like here. You're on a vegan thread.

Much like how we see Trump getting to power and Brexit happening. Its not that they necessarily agree with those people, its that they have had enough of the leftist (veganists in this case).

I’m think it’s more the fact that veganism, more than other topics, elicit high levels of cognitive dissonance.

Most of the vegan agenda is social media based so you actually have to actively choose to read about it. Then complain and push back. Like here. You're on a vegan thread.

This ties nicely into the Vanzweel (?) running challenge. He never posted a single thing about that on the hub. Shebeen actually went to the oke’s blog, read about it and posted it here. We all know how it went from there.

Cornering somebody and forcing them to listen is not the only way to make something annoying. That borders on harassment actually.

Nobody has cornered anybody on this thread and forced them to listen to pro meat arguments either, yet their posts are seen as annoying.

Look, I’ve said this before and I will say it again. If you cannot see that some people go about this the wrong way then there is little hope.

Myles has put addressed this a lot more eloquently, but that is basically the summary.

I’m think it’s more the fact that veganism, more than other topics, elicit high levels of cognitive dissonance.

Not not veganism, vegans. And again not all of them, not even most of them. Cblake or Wayne for instance doesn’t seem to “trigger” people at all. Why’s that?

Mormonism doesn’t annoy anybody, but Mormons do.

Before anybody gets upset, I’m not comparing veganism to a religion, I’m trying to illustrate a concept about the impact the actual people can have people on their otherwise well meaning choices.

Cornering somebody and forcing them to listen is not the only way to make something annoying. That borders on harassment actually.

Nobody has cornered anybody on this thread and forced them to listen to pro meat arguments either, yet their posts are seen as annoying.

Look, I’ve said this before and I will say it again. If you cannot see that some people go about this the wrong way then there is little hope.

Myles has put addressed this a lot more eloquently, but that is basically the summary.

Are you implying that you know the ‘right way’ to go about this?

Are you implying that you know the ‘right way’ to go about this?

Nope not what I said or implied or what my point was.

I just think other vegans do a better job of making a case for veganism or plant based diets than what you do.

You. Are. On. A . Vegan. Thread.

You have chosen to come and here and get self triggered.

In the same way that I don't go to hunting threads and call people murderers I'd expect people not to come to a vegan thread just to insult and meme vegans. That's just masochistic.

There are also people that believe rhino horn improves your rigidity and that the earth is flat. What have these people and religion got to do with vegansim or vegetarianism?

The parallels between veganism and religions, cults and sects are undeniable.

Simply, veganism is a Cult or Sect as they have:
Moral or ethical belief that makes them good and everyone else bad i.e. you need to convert.
Is a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion. To eat vegan requires extraordinary effort and devotion;
Uses a process of indoctrination or education called "brainwashing";
No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry;
There is no legitimate reason to leave the cult or sect i.e slating of ex-vegans who realize the veganism is a load of sh1te;
Have to introduce "success stories" as a method of persuasion i.e. vegan is so healthy and saves the planet;
Establishment of guilt;
Is particular set of beliefs or behavior that is not mainstream in the least;
Hypocritical;
Believe their way will save the world.

Nope not what I said or implied or what my point was.

I just think other vegans do a better job of making a case for veganism or plant based diets than what you do.

Well, if you’re claiming I’m going about it the wrong way, then that’s what you’re saying. Irrespective, if you believe others do a better job, then so be it.

well, there are certain vegans who sit on their high horse in this thread but will happily go to other threads about topics that they dont agree with and troll way worse than what you have seen here. so i guess a lot of people feel they need to repay the compliment. its not right. its the Hub.

The parallels between veganism and religions, cults and sects are undeniable.

Simply, veganism is a Cult or Sect as they have:

Moral or ethical belief that makes them good and everyone else bad i.e. you need to convert.

Is a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion. To eat vegan requires extraordinary effort and devotion;

Uses a process of indoctrination or education called "brainwashing";

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry;

There is no legitimate reason to leave the cult or sect i.e slating of ex-vegans who realize the veganism is a load of sh1te;

Have to introduce "success stories" as a method of persuasion i.e. vegan is so healthy and saves the planet;

Establishment of guilt;

Is particular set of beliefs or behavior that is not mainstream in the least;

Hypocritical;

Believe their way will save the world.

except you are wrong.

I eat plants cos they are yummy and I feel healthier when I eat them.

I can’t give a rats ass what you eat and I would appreciate the same courtesy. It’s the same reason I stay off the meat thread. I am not the target audience and I can appreciate that tolerance of each other’s differences go a long way.