The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's an interesting question that they're trying to answer, but it's important to keep a few things in mind. 

First off, this is a cross-sectional study, so it doesn't actually test anything directly. It simply looks at relationships between characteristics, based on questionnaires people completed. It doesn't or can't prove cause and effect. They merely hypothesise on the different mechanisms potentially at play.

This type of study also doesn't control for confounders, i.e. things that might skew the results. 

If you really want to understand whether there is a cause-effect relationship between no meat consumption and mental distress, you'll need to do a randomised control trial or something of the sort (although I have no idea how you control for mental characteristics). 

I never get vegan propoganda like this. Is it supposed to make meat eaters feel bad? Change their minds?

Why do you see it as "propoganda"? 

Just had a capachino with soya milk. Not bad.

Nice! There's so many different milks to choose from. Some have 'barista' versions, which are the creamier versions and work really well for cappuccinos and what not. 

Sorry it's not really related but I thought maybe people on this thread may have more ideas.

I'm kind of tired of roasting or steaming butternut and looking for some other ways to use it/cook etc.

Thank you.

Sorry it's not really related but I thought maybe people on this thread may have more ideas.

I'm kind of tired of roasting or steaming butternut and looking for some other ways to use it/cook etc.

Thank you.

Have you tried chucking it on the coals? I've seen guys throw them whole on the coals till they're a bit black on the outside. I've also wrapped them in tinfoil (add garlic, onion, herbs and spices in the hollowed out section) and put them on the grid. 

Nowadays, we eat them with the skin still on. 

Nice! There's so many different milks to choose from. Some have 'barista' versions, which are the creamier versions and work really well for cappuccinos and what not.

Thats awesome! I was suprised at how foamy it was. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you.

I slice them, put sugar and cinamon on. Rub with some olive oil, wrap ot in tinfoil and bake.

Thank you.

Maybe a fritter of sorts

This. And salt, rosemary, thyme & garlic. Finish with balsamic reduction

Ah man that is next level!! Going to try it soon.