The Veganism Thread

Odinson

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You showed her Big Daddy. Should’ve sommer sent Jr. with a copy of the latest Canadian Dietary Guidelines. Oh, wait!

Concerned Daddy. But if name calling makes you feel better, so be it.

So if I hunt and consume wild animals then its fine by vegans?

Im only taking what is necessary, I live in harmony with the free roaming herbivores I predate on and I ensure that their numbers doesn't overwhelm the lands.

I know a guy that is vegan, mainly so for the environmental issues surrounding it - but does go hunting 2/3 times a year, and fishing occassionaly - he eats that meat, and only that meat. I guess some vegans would not call him a vegan, but in his eyes he is because his definition of veganism focuses on sustainability (and health), and hunting 2 or 3 animals per year does not violate that definition.

When the debate is lost the insults come flying.

Turn down the smugness and I’ll do the same.

Turn down the smugness and I’ll do the same.

You, not being smug, on the vegan thread. Come now dude, let’s be realistic here.

Edit: Sorry, I see you will turn it down, not “not” be.

Edited by Patchelicious

You, not being smug, on the vegan thread. Come now dude, let’s be realistic here.

Edit: Sorry, I see you will turn it down, not “not” be.

Having a beef with a vegan in a veganism thread is a bloody waste of time. Well done, anyway... like a nice, thick porterhouse, don't be blue.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/03/ipcc-land-use-food-production-key-to-climate-crisis-leaked-report?CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1564842653

Attempts to solve the climate crisis by cutting carbon emissions from only cars, factories and power plants are doomed to failure, scientists will warn this week.

A leaked draft of a report on climate change and land use, which is now being debated in Geneva by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), states that it will be impossible to keep global temperatures at safe levels unless there is also a transformation in the way the world produces food and manages land.

The new IPCC report emphasises that land will have to be managed more sustainably so that it releases much less carbon than at present. Peat lands will need to be restored by halting drainage schemes; meat consumption will have to be cut to reduce methane production; while food waste will have to be reduced.

Among the measures put forward by the report is the proposal of a major shift towards vegetarian and vegan diets. “The consumption of healthy and sustainable diets, such as those based on coarse grains, pulses and vegetables, and nuts and seeds … presents major opportunities for reducing greenhouse gas emissions,” the report states.

Keep looking. Good sources other than Wikipedia too.

For what? Because facts hurt the cause of veganism?

More veganism paradise...

Fertilizer production:

post-1995-15648646949198.jpgpost-1995-15648647024974.jpgpost-1995-1564864708828.jpga524e401fc78002ada7b5fb7c500f2bd.jpg

Cow fertilizer production (sequestering the carbon created in fertilizer production from fossil fuels)

If it wasn't for us meat eaters saving the world from vegan destruction, we'd be farked.

Now vegans want to kill the cows as well?!

14948028139c60109a7a6bb929a32591.jpg

post-1995-1564864969065.jpg

Edited by davetapson