Guerilla Gravity

Eddy Gordo

Ah... I couldn't see the measurements. My eyes aren't what they used to be!!

I have a fireye stem with a 35mm stack. That would be perfect too.

I'm 100% sure you can buy a stem that would fit the steerer. Easier and cheaper than any other option.

Ja, I’ll have a look at the bike shops here but most shops are very road orientated.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so flippen bleak right now. I don’t know if a different stem will even help. I have like 1. Something of steerer sticking out there.

post-25481-0-32725100-1579007573_thumb.jpeg

post-25481-0-33913300-1579007593_thumb.jpeg

post-25481-0-67054400-1579007612_thumb.jpeg

And then alles together for playing arounds sake.

post-25481-0-84528700-1579007717_thumb.jpeg

I am so flippen bleak right now. I don’t know if a different stem will even help. I have like 1. Something of steerer sticking out there.

attachicon.gif605CFAB0-2AAF-4018-87F2-3689EBE9E4D4.jpeg

attachicon.gif07C66A8F-DB57-4ADB-861F-011476BA5EA9.jpeg

attachicon.gif2FBE43DD-E453-4FF3-B1E5-7C4F5B762571.jpeg

attachicon.gif34748710-9933-4975-8B84-183FD80FFC60.jpeg

That really sucks!

Drop Droo at Stoke and email or a call and see if they may have a solution with the fork.

attachicon.gif605CFAB0-2AAF-4018-87F2-3689EBE9E4D4.jpeg

attachicon.gif07C66A8F-DB57-4ADB-861F-011476BA5EA9.jpeg

attachicon.gif2FBE43DD-E453-4FF3-B1E5-7C4F5B762571.jpeg

attachicon.gif34748710-9933-4975-8B84-183FD80FFC60.jpeg

http://www.robbiesbicycleconcept.co.za can replace the steerer, I think. About 1.8k or thereabouts.

Thanks guys. I’m in Kuwait so I sent the guys at ND Tuned a msg. Will see what it will cost to send the fork to them, replace it and send it back vs. buying a new fork.

This build is teaching me a lot of patience...

Thanks guys. I’m in Kuwait so I sent the guys at ND Tuned a msg. Will see what it will cost to send the fork to them, replace it and send it back vs. buying a new fork.

This build is teaching me a lot of patience...

Do you want me to build and ride the bike so long ... don't worry I can use my own fork ....

Do you want me to build and ride the bike so long ... don't worry I can use my own fork ....

Hahahaha! Salt in the wounds... I put the tires on the rims so long.

So step 1, order a Cane Creek slam set, zero offset headset top and bottom, it will cost you roughly 1.5k.

Step 2 order a Funn Funnduro stem from CRC, ir has a 30mm stack height and is cheap. There was even one in the classifieds a few days ago, it might still be there if you are lucky.

Cheaper than a new CSU.

So step 1, order a Cane Creek slam set, zero offset headset top and bottom, it will cost you roughly 1.5k.

Step 2 order a Funn Funnduro stem from CRC, ir has a 30mm stack height and is cheap. There was even one in the classifieds a few days ago, it might still be there if you are lucky.

Cheaper than a new CSU.

I don’t think other headsets will work on the frame but I’ll send them a msg and ask.

I don’t think other headsets will work on the frame but I’ll send them a msg and ask.

Eish, hope you come right with something! Give Al at Dirt Customs a call - I saw a bike in his shop where they used some sort of steerer extender for a guy in your position. I don't know any of the details, but it can be done.

Naa it wont, besides the headset fitted is already slammed

Naa it wont, besides the headset fitted is already slammed

So I’m sending the fork off to have the steerer tube replaced. A new fork will be nice but I’d rather be using my cash for other things now. I get a bot naar if I think about spending more money on this build. Thanks for all the advice guys I appreciate it. I’m going to build it up anyway this weekend and then just put it in it’s bag till the fork comes back.