Guerilla Gravity

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20mm = 2 x 10mm spacers .. should be fine

What I mean is I’ll have to slam the stem and then there will still be a 2cm gap between the top cap and the steerer tube. Not sure if I’m making sense, I’m dizzy with excitement.

What I mean is I’ll have to slam the stem and then there will still be a 2cm gap between the top cap and the steerer tube. Not sure if I’m making sense, I’m dizzy with excitement.

???

post-5403-0-54646700-1578996114_thumb.jpg

Not a problem to slam the stem man. Lots of those revved frame builds have it slammed.

I'm guessing he doesn't want the 'above the stem' spacers.

There are some who would suggest that having anything more than a 5mm spacer above the stem is a bigger cycling No No than wearing secret socks AND using a camelback while having a saddle bag at a road race............

I'm guessing he doesn't want the 'above the stem' spacers.

There are some who would suggest that having anything more than a 5mm spacer above the stem is a bigger cycling No No than wearing secret socks AND using a camelback while having a saddle bag at a road race............

No I’m not to phased about that. I do all of the above. What worries me is that my steerer might be to short. Or is it not the length of the steerer bit what you do with it that matters? Edited by Pieter1

congratulations ... you get to look for a new fork, or if you can, replace the upper assembly .....

The Mrs. Will be as happy as I am...

or maybe this stem could also assist

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-handlebars-stems/dmr-defy-35-stem/11423018.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=ZAR&shippingcountry=ZA&variation=11423021&shoppingpid=TOP10_150618_&gclid=CjwKCAiA6vXwBRBKEiwAYE7iS7OFawfotKSGSxJpoSWvesgv8UdtMdanov2CsoKA-zCUZuy2Vop5ahoCNrQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

11423021-9474472393976315.jpg

The Defy35 is the perfect stem for your Trail/All mountain build. It features a low stack height, Top-Close clamp design, 35mm reach and 5mm rise. It has wide clamping area for bar stability and stubby length to pair well with aggressive modern geometry.

Features:

• ø31.8mm clamp (Defy35) and ø35mm clamp (Defy35+) available
  • CNC 6061 Alloy
  • Top-Close clamp design
  • 27mm Stack height
  • 35mm reach
  • 5mm rise
  • 176g
  • Stem cap included

SPECIFICATION

• ø31.8mm clamp (Defy35) and ø35mm clamp (Defy35+) available
  • CNC 6061 Alloy
  • 27mm Stack height
  • 35mm reach
  • 5mm rise
  • 176g
  • Stem cap included

No I’m not to phased about that. I do all of the above. What worries me is that my steerer might be to short. Or is it not the length of the steerer bit what you do with it that matters?

Ah... I couldn't see the measurements. My eyes aren't what they used to be!!

I have a fireye stem with a 35mm stack. That would be perfect too.

I'm 100% sure you can buy a stem that would fit the steerer. Easier and cheaper than any other option.