MTB Tyre Sealant Choices

DarrenV

Is Enduro save to use in Maxiss tyres? According to Maxiss one should not use a sealant that contains Latex or Amoniac because it would void the warranty.

Pretty much impossible to avoid latex or ammonia. But Enduro doesn't have ammonia. It does have latex however. How else would it seal?

Ignore the Maxxis warranty mumbo jumbo. They won't honour any warranty on failure anyway.

Does Durex honour warranties? All rubber companies use the "improper use" get out of jail card

Edited by DieselnDust

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used Stans for many many years and have been quite happy with it.

A few months back I came across a large bottle of Bontrager sealant and haven't had any issues with it yet in two MTBs, one of which is due for new tyres. It is cheaper than Stans.

Used the same to convert a pals Tokens to tubeless (road) using the new Conti 5000s. I did add a little glitter as a bonus. No problems so far although he hasn't done much mileage on them yet.

Bontrager is Stans or vice versa

Peet has just phoned me via the website chat and is forwarding some Enduro to me.

Cant wait to try it on both road an cross bike.

Give him a ring, sounds like  top notch guy.....0824953314

Whats the price for a ltr. Bikemob site shows sold out?

Look on Bikebay.co.za that's where I found it. 1L was R300. 5L - R999.

Thats pricey! I pay R259/Ltr.

If Bikemob is out of stock they'll have more by tomorrow. The company isn't far from them.

Is Enduro save to use in Maxiss tyres? According to Maxiss one should not use a sealant that contains Latex or Amoniac because it would void the warranty.

Back when I had Crossmarks I used Slime Pro and it worked decently and also didn't make clumps / dry out quickly. Didn't cause issues with the Maxxis.

My LBS prefers Sludge, and thus I got it when they did the tubeless conversion.  It certainly WORKS, I have gone through enough thorns on my commute, and also on the Tygerberg trails ....

I certainly dont have the experience to say it is better or worse than anything else out there.  Can only confirm that it does what it promises to do ....

Maybe I should use STANS when I go tubeless with the SCOTT ....

Stans works up here in the hot central African Serengeti. It does clump and form the latex balls, but, if you keep your hand on your kit, you should be fine. I once used Joe's green product in South Africa and that stuff impressed me much! Its not so freely available, but I'll use it again if I can get hold of it. Another product I had a lot of success with was the Effetto Caffe Latex. That was the stuff that foams inside the tire and the benefit was that sidewalls and rims were also protected. I was three years in Madagascar when I used that and everything Mada could throw at me in terms of thorns were dealt with and it never dried out. I wish I can find some of that stuff again. Very scarce.

I saw a clip on FB yesterday (no I don't have the link to it) about a sealant developed for cars. It is almost a solid gel like substance that appears almost part of the tire. They drove a car over a pad with several spikes puncturing both front and rear wheels without any leakage from the tires. Obviously its an add and quite possible edited, but I like the direction it is going. Imagine they can get it to work for mtb.

I'm brand new to cycling as a whole, but rode my MTB for the first time this morning. Had to make a stop at Solomons since the tubeless rear tyre was flat. Spet some money, got some slime and air in the tyre and hit the road. I had to abort after 12 km since the tyre was too soft for safety. Went and took the bike out the car now and the tyre is completely flat. I'm sure the people at Solomons would happily redo this morning's chore at no cost (bar the schlepp) or i could simply install a tube?? Any comment or advice would be appreciated. 

I'm brand new to cycling as a whole, but rode my MTB for the first time this morning. Had to make a stop at Solomons since the tubeless rear tyre was flat. Spet some money, got some slime and air in the tyre and hit the road. I had to abort after 12 km since the tyre was too soft for safety. Went and took the bike out the car now and the tyre is completely flat. I'm sure the people at Solomons would happily redo this morning's chore at no cost (bar the schlepp) or i could simply install a tube?? Any comment or advice would be appreciated. 

Probably a leak in your tubeless tape.

Take it back to them and let them sort it out.