Category: MTB

- KZN MTB Prov Enduro #1

- Full (5 stage) or Lite (3 stage) option

- Combo package available for Enduro & 20km/40km MTB

Go to Event Page

That combo sounds lekker.

That combo sounds lekker.

It is lekker :) 

Enduro is now 4 stages, with no lite option, so all age groups can ride the same stages. B lines will be available. The last stage finishes close to the staging venue so its a short pedal back :) 

20km/40km on Sunday includes a lot of the trails that have been re-opened after the timber harvesting .. as well as 2 new singletrack sections :) 

Hi Griffin, is there an accommodation list available? Coming down with a few mates to introduce them to enduro and do the classic so we will be at the back of the field

It is lekker :)

Enduro is now 4 stages, with no lite option, so all age groups can ride the same stages. B lines will be available. The last stage finishes close to the staging venue so its a short pedal back :)

20km/40km on Sunday includes a lot of the trails that have been re-opened after the timber harvesting .. as well as 2 new singletrack sections :)

Sounds great.

Im a rookie to mtb and ride a hardtail. Will i be fine with the enduro? I ride karkloof a lot but take the b lines.

Hi Griffin, is there an accommodation list available? Coming down with a few mates to introduce them to enduro and do the classic so we will be at the back of the field

Hi

Howic does have a lot of accommodation. You should come right on the net or air b&b even. On the karkloof road there are a few guesthouses that mostly cater for the mtb community.

I have never done an Enduro before. What can i expect as i have never ridden in Karkloof before either ? Will it be better to just take the B lines every time ? 

Sounds great.

Im a rookie to mtb and ride a hardtail. Will i be fine with the enduro? I ride karkloof a lot but take the b lines.

I have never done an Enduro before. What can i expect as i have never ridden in Karkloof before either ? Will it be better to just take the B lines every time ? 

Hi Guys,

Firstly, think of Enduro as a different format of MTB rather than a completely different animal where you need a new bike, helmet etc.. Yes, the routes are slightly more technical than your average marathon but thats just because its a more concentrated amount of (descending) singletrack.

Bike-wise your hardtail will never prevent you from riding any part of the course. There are no huge gaps or drops - but I do suggest lowering your seat a bit before dropping into a timed stage.

The nice thing with enduro is its very rider-oriented. After stage 1 you will find yourself meeting up with groups of other guys who did other stages first and you can chat to them about what to expect. I suggest if you are a bit nervous, take B-lines and just enjoy being out there, you probably won't be competing for the win anyway. You can always come back another time and try out the more difficult stuff in a less time-pressured environment.

Hope to see you guys there. 

Hi Guys,

Firstly, think of Enduro as a different format of MTB rather than a completely different animal where you need a new bike, helmet etc.. Yes, the routes are slightly more technical than your average marathon but thats just because its a more concentrated amount of (descending) singletrack.

Bike-wise your hardtail will never prevent you from riding any part of the course. There are no huge gaps or drops - but I do suggest lowering your seat a bit before dropping into a timed stage.

The nice thing with enduro is its very rider-oriented. After stage 1 you will find yourself meeting up with groups of other guys who did other stages first and you can chat to them about what to expect. I suggest if you are a bit nervous, take B-lines and just enjoy being out there, you probably won't be competing for the win anyway. You can always come back another time and try out the more difficult stuff in a less time-pressured environment.

Thank you very much. I was planning on putting a dropper post on. Will just have to do it sooner then.

\

Hey Mphati

Plenty B & B options in the area but I would say enquire at 11 Karkloof. The Enduro is hosted from there so easy to roll outta bed and onto the start :) 

http://www.11karkloof.co.za/

Droppers are one of the best investments ever :) 

You can definitely do all the stages on a hardtail.. no worries there. Know a few guys that pin the Enduro's faster on a hardtail than others on full suss rigs lol. 

Whilst there is no official practice you will find all stages cleared by Friday mid-morning, If you arrive early enough then just pay a day license and go explore :) Remember no medics will be out there on Friday dont make that the day to try a double back flip with a twist. Stage starts/finishes also only go out on Saturday morning.. but it will be pretty easy to guess where they are. 

B lines will be placed around any obstacle that is above average skill. But.. also remember.. faster you go the more skill you need ;) 

Hi Guys,

Droppers are one of the best investments ever :)

You can definitely do all the stages on a hardtail.. no worries there. Know a few guys that pin the Enduro's faster on a hardtail than others on full suss rigs lol. 

Whilst there is no official practice you will find all stages cleared by Friday mid-morning, If you arrive early enough then just pay a day license and go explore :) Remember no medics will be out there on Friday dont make that the day to try a double back flip with a twist. Stage starts/finishes also only go out on Saturday morning.. but it will be pretty easy to guess where they are. 

B lines will be placed around any obstacle that is above average skill. But.. also remember.. faster you go the more skill you need ;)

Thanks for the respone guys. Looking forward to it.