Imploder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to fight hard for that 6th spot

Nah, I'm out. :whistling:

Not getting round to commuting with all the rain as of late so 7 it is for me.

No commute today. Will ride tomorrow and then Friday rest. Working half day. Got the Akkedis XCM 70km race on Saturday.

Going to be a hard one, fitness not where it should be.

Failed commute today, half way there and slippery kerb sent my front wheel one way and me in another. Big face plant on the tarmac but the bikes ok. Managed to turn round and get home ok. Probably frightened a few motorists on the way home looking like a zombie with blood everywhere . Off to the doc later to check if nothing broken as the nose and eyebrow are swelling up. eish! 

Failed commute today, half way there and slippery kerb sent my front wheel one way and me in another. Big face plant on the tarmac but the bikes ok. Managed to turn round and get home ok. Probably frightened a few motorists on the way home looking like a zombie with blood everywhere . Off to the doc later to check if nothing broken as the nose and eyebrow are swelling up. eish! 

Eish!

Hope all ok!

Ai sorry bud. Really lousy way to start a long weekend. Hope all will be ok.

Hell's Bell's ... hope you are going to be ok .... thank goodness the bike is ok though :P

Sorry to hear.  Hope all is ok

I had a crazy fall this morning.

I was in the bike lane going straight, motorist passed me on the right and proceeded to turn left. Wet road plus breaking heavily plus swerving and I went over the handlebars, face to the tar.

Luckily I could get up and chase down the car in the traffic. She did not see me - 3 flashing rear lights, one flashing front, a safety vest and reflective strips on bike and helmet was not enough.

This was my first real incident in almost 2 years of commuting. Got some scars to remind me to always stay alert and not assume they will see you.

I was in the bike lane going straight, motorist passed me on the right and proceeded to turn left. Wet road plus breaking heavily plus swerving and I went over the handlebars, face to the tar.

Luckily I could get up and chase down the car in the traffic. She did not see me - 3 flashing rear lights, one flashing front, a safety vest and reflective strips on bike and helmet was not enough.

This was my first real incident in almost 2 years of commuting. Got some scars to remind me to always stay alert and not assume they will see you.

That sucks, glad you didn't sustain any major injuries. The face on tar leaves some ugly rashes, we should compare face pics  :D

I hate it when cars overtake and then turn left.

Glad you and bike were both OK enough to chase her down.

You OK now?

I hate it when cars overtake and then turn left.

Glad you and bike were both OK enough to chase her down.

You OK now?

That sucks, glad you didn't sustain any major injuries. The face on tar leaves some ugly rashes, we should compare face pics  :D

All good. Thank you. 

Stay safe!