Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

I was a naughty boy tonight.

Getting changed to ride home and realize I left my helmet at home.

No helmet

No glasses

No gloves

No ice ID

I felt very vulnerable.

And then it got darker a lot sooner than I anticipated. I basically TT’d all the way home.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riding home on Wednesday I was taken out by a Learner Driver. Saw me coming, but decided to cross in-front of me at the last moment. After receiving a slight bump, I entered a proper horizontal slide across the tar ... think I was probably close to 40km/h when I made contact with the road.

Luckily very little damage, ... some cuts and scrapes on my legs but nothing needing stitches, ... my wrist hurts a bit, but already much better. I wore a roller-blade wrist-brace on Thursday's and today's commute, worked well  ;)

Bike lost some handlebar tape, and the quick-release lever is destroyed. 

​They were very apologetic, and probably suffered more from shock than I did. 

All in all very lucky  :)

Wow Eddy glad you are alive to tell the story. It happens so quickly and we are so vulnerable.

Things getting interesting at the top!!  :whistling:

Had a less than ideal week commuting last week and have now relinquished my lead and top spot. 

I need a new cellphone ... bloody battery does not always make it to the end of a commute, so lost a couple of recorded rides

I need a new cellphone ... bloody battery does not always make it to the end of a commute, so lost a couple of recorded rides

Garmin Edge....................................... You'll thank me later.

Garmin Edge....................................... You'll thank me later.

after a failed experience with a Garmin watch where when the frail and pathetic strap failed, and the only solution they could offer me was to buy a whole new watch because the strap was integrated I have made the call to try and avoid buying a Garmin.

I get tremendous battery life out of my Xiaomi A2 Lite. Builders sells them, might get it on takealot too. 

Weather is looking good this week so I'll get in some kilos on the commute. 

I get tremendous battery life out of my Xiaomi A2 Lite. Builders sells them, might get it on takealot too. 

fortunately will not have to purchase a phone outright as we get it with our contract 

Was a bit crispy this morning. Toes and Fingers were numb - the first time in weeks. Lots of frost about, but was a lovely commute.

Things getting interesting at the top!!  :whistling:

Had a less than ideal week commuting last week and have now relinquished my lead and top spot. 

Have some meetings and other obligations needing my car tomorrow and Wednesday. But hoping to be chasing you again from Thursday!

Have some meetings and other obligations needing my car tomorrow and Wednesday. But hoping to be chasing you again from Thursday!

no no no .... you are 23 km's away from making history ..... please take a screen-shot this afternoon if you manage to load your ride before the rest .... would be awesome to see you at  "No: 1" ....  :) 

I see someone logging weekend recreational rides as commutes.  :ph34r:

Can someone please explain the basis of how this works so I can start doing the same.. :drool:  :D

This is a serious competition after all.  :)

I see someone logging weekend recreational rides as commutes.  :ph34r:

Can someone please explain the basis of how this works so I can start doing the same.. :drool:  :D

This is a serious competition after all.  :)

get a weekend job flipping burger patties at a MacDonnalds about 100km away from home?

get a weekend job flipping burger patties at a MacDonnalds about 100km away from home?

I will definitely pick up weight working at McD, weak spot. But then again, I would have burn't everything off by the time I got home.