For the aviation fans

Lotus

Looking at those Canards I think Boeing needs to consider it for the Max 8.  Could solve their problem with the MCAS  :whistling:  :ph34r:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have seen some of yours and you have some pretty cool trails to commute on, especially the snow ones.

Maybe I should go cycle around Munich or Innsbruck airport  :ph34r:

I have only ever done check outs on the Airbus RATs but yoh it is scary. We lower the RAT, place a serious cage around it and connect up Hydraulic lines. Then run it and my word it is noisy. Amazing how noisy that little thing is. The airbus one looks similar to yours but it doesn't have the generator exposed like that.

Quite a neat little thing. It is 15kVA 115 v. The actual airdrop is quite an involved check. We did this in the Dubai airspace. Was very busy. I have suggested to the company that we have an engineer to assist next time. Once on the emergency power you lose a lot of nav and com aids plus half of the instruments. Was very concentrating for the Pilot Flying to be hand flying in that busy environment and for us to run the busy checklist while complying with the controllers instructions with the RAT gen making a racket in the background!

A much more difficult check than on the Global!

2 air tour operators had a midair collision in Alaska. From what I gathered, the 2 flights departed from separate cruise ships, with passengers of each on board, and somehow mysteriously came together midair, killing 4 on the one plane with another missing, and a passenger from the 2nd plane also missing, with 10 injuries on that plane ranging from critical to serious.

[edit] - planes involved were floatplanes, De Haviland DHC-3 Otter and DHC-2 Beaver

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/ntsb-to-investigate-in-alaska-after-deadly-midair-collision.html

The passengers were all from the same cruise ship. The bigger aircraft apparently descended and collided with the smaller aircraft which was below it. The two missing passengers have been located, both deceased. I think at least one, if not more, of the deceased passengers had emigrated from South Africa but it wasn't reported in the media. (Edit: Media has confirmed the South African connection. https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2019/05/15/bc-woman-and-her-family-members-killed-in-alaska-sea-plane-crash.html)

I followed the details of this crash very closely as I'd flown with one of the airlines involved on the same sightseeing trip.

post-1532-0-22682100-1558077295_thumb.jpgpost-1532-0-40660400-1558077325_thumb.jpg

post-1532-0-09177200-1558077310_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dibles

06h15 this morning. SAAT looking out towards ORT. Runway 03L is just in front of these 2 aircraft on tow. There is an old 737 busy taking off(you can just see it on the right). Then another Mango on Taxi to the runway(can just see it between the 2 on tow).

attachicon.gifIMG_20190517_061616.jpg

Do they give way if you ring the bell and flash the light? :D

Thanks for all the up close and personal touches from you guys playing with them big toys!

The passengers were all from the same cruise ship. The bigger aircraft apparently descended and collided with the smaller aircraft which was below it. The two missing passengers have been located, both deceased. I think at least one, if not more, of the deceased passengers had emigrated from South Africa but it wasn't reported in the media. (Edit: Media has confirmed the South African connection. https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2019/05/15/bc-woman-and-her-family-members-killed-in-alaska-sea-plane-crash.html)

I followed the details of this crash very closely as I'd flown with one of the airlines involved on the same sightseeing trip.

attachicon.gif254089_10150188329501020_7897617_n.jpgattachicon.gif250265_10150188328176020_5451063_n.jpg

Thanks for the update, Dibbles. It is really sad for all involved.

Nice pics though, and I am sure that trip was one to remember. I have a bucket list wish to visit Alaska some day.

Do they give way if you ring the bell and flash the light? :D

Thanks for all the up close and personal touches from you guys playing with them big toys!

I tried but they didn't budge. I have a video on my IG where I was riding right behind an A319 on tow. 

I started watching this last night. Enjoying, it and great music.

post-10549-0-61665700-1558158152_thumb.png

Edited by Lotus

I started watching this last night. Enjoying, it and great music.

I recently cleared out my bookcases because they were just too full. I sorted the books into piles to "donate", "keep" and "keep for ever to read again"

That last pile only amounted to a dozen or so books.

Catch 22 is one of them.

A few other books written by aviators ended up in the same pile: Roald Dahls' Over To You and Antoine De Saint Exuperys' Wind Sand and Stars. 

Edited by DJR