For the aviation fans

Lotus

A350-900's

attachicon.gifsaa1.JPG

attachicon.gifsaa2.JPG

As far as selling the A350 to South Africa, I think the jury is still deliberating on the benefits on offer, but that opening shot on the PR blurb for "About South African Airways"...'South African Airways is the leading carrier in Africa,...'

I am of the opinion that that bit is a load of horse manure, and that Ethiopian Airways would take issue and offence by that blatant lie.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/best-airlines-2019-by-region/

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they should amend to "used to be" but you can see (in general) how that press release is littered with formulaic PR-propoganda speak

Edited by kosmonooit

As far as selling the A350 to South Africa, I think the jury is still deliberating on the benefits on offer, but that opening shot on the PR blurb for "About South African Airways"...'South African Airways is the leading carrier in Africa,...'

I am of the opinion that that bit is a load of horse manure, and that Ethiopian Airways would take issue and offence by that blatant lie.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/best-airlines-2019-by-region/

Apparently not all Ethiopian flights are something to feel proud about. I’ve heard some horror stories regarding their flights to India and transitioning through Addis

Love a lovely designed airport! 

That TWA Terminal @ JFK has been refurbished and reopened as a hotel - there is a Lockheed Constellation there as a Cocktail Bar.

:thumbup:

Apparently not all Ethiopian flights are something to feel proud about. I’ve heard some horror stories regarding their flights to India and transitioning through Addis

I've flown Ethiopian and yes the transit was a bit of an unpleasant 3rd work experience but apparently they are sorting out a new terminal, they sure need it.  Cabin crew was nice though

Thing about that new feature at Changi you have to check in to Singapore to experience it, which actually is not too much of a hassle, visa free.

Don't you just love journalists these days? In order to inform the masses of SAA's intent with regards to leasing A350's, they publish their article replete with a pic of a 747-400...

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/saa-lease-airbus-a350-900-to-help-with-turn-around-strategy/

And to think, all this time everyone is going on about 'fake news'.

Not so, just fake journalists...

Don't you just love journalists these days? In order to inform the masses of SAA's intent with regards to leasing A350's, they publish their article replete with a pic of a 747-400...

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/saa-lease-airbus-a350-900-to-help-with-turn-around-strategy/

And to think, all this time everyone is going on about 'fake news'.

Not so, just fake journalists...

That's a 747-300. the 747-400 has winglets and either Rolls Royce RB211 or General Electric CF6-80 engines. Those engines are Pratt and Whitney JT9.

The 747-300 was nicknamed the "SUD" which stood for Stretched Upper Deck. The model before that was the 747-200 and had a much shorter upper deck.

That's a 747-300. the 747-400 has winglets and either Rolls Royce RB211 or General Electric CF6-80 engines. Those engines are Pratt and Whitney JT9.

The 747-300 was nicknamed the "SUD" which stood for Stretched Upper Deck. The model before that was the 747-200 and had a much shorter upper deck.

oops, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out.