For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the side sticks are linked....helps with the problems of the controls re the Air France Airbus off South America.

Yes, that's what I was thinking about - an Airbus trait, although the A220 has them linked (Bombardier  origins)

Pretty excited, my new office. Boss is keeping us on for his new aerie. Hitting the books now!attachicon.gifF371D674-128E-41FA-925F-C71B4EC177DC.jpegattachicon.gif6298AE9D-D6F8-4731-87AA-F13472068ACE.jpegattachicon.gif4BD80782-C9EA-42CE-954A-1249FE9593E6.jpeg

Lekker man. Interesting spot for the RAT. Have you ever used one in flight? I have done plenty testing of them in the hanger, bliksem they noisy. Wondering if they as noisy in the air?

BTW, what aircraft is it?

Lekker man. Interesting spot for the RAT. Have you ever used one in flight? I have done plenty testing of them in the hanger, bliksem they noisy. Wondering if they as noisy in the air?

Saw a documentary about them once. Produce a fair bit of power in the case of an emergency.

You should see the cage we put around it when testing. Serious hydraulic pressure and RPM going on there.

How do u spin them up in the hanger and to what kind of rpm?

The new type is the Global 7500.

Yes, I have done air tests of the RAT in both our old Global Express and our Challenger. It is very very noisy in flight. It is quite and involved check list to run through. It powers the AC Essential Bus which in turn powers the Essential TRU 1 thereby powering the Essential DC Bus. It also powers the Hydraulic System 3 B pump. So you lose much info on the cockpit display screens as you are reduced to essentials. Makes the air test a lot of work as the parameters must all be recorded too.

Yes, that's what I was thinking about - an Airbus trait, although the A220 has them linked (Bombardier  origins)

Yes true that. As far as I remember from viewing the real demonstrator in Sardinia last year, the Capt side can directly over power the controls of the Co Pilot side but the Co Pilot needs to hit a switch on the right side stick in order to over power the left.

Not that I have ever flown with anyone who I had to remove control from while they were pilot flying!

How do u spin them up in the hanger and to what kind of rpm?

We use a big hydraulic rig, I don't have pictures so you'll have to excuse the screen grabs but it looks pretty much the same as these.

post-58906-0-15406100-1607577612_thumb.png

post-58906-0-00408300-1607577627_thumb.png

I wasn't sure of the speed so quickly checked in the Airbus manual. Here is the speed/torque graph from the A330 manual.

post-58906-0-23014100-1607577639_thumb.png

Yes, the side sticks are linked....helps with the problems of the controls re the Air France Airbus off South America.

post-52292-0-35854200-1607835540_thumb.jpeg

Righty Oh......sorry chaps, I was the provider of false information! Just studying the Flight Controls in FCOM2 now. (Flight Crew Operating Manual)

For interest for the folks not aware of the terms, the REUs are Remote Electronic Units- receive input from the PFCCs and deliver signal to hydraulic PCUs (power control units) to move the control surface.

PFCCs are Primary Flight Control Computers

AFCU is Alternate Flight Control Unit.

Thank you Swiss.

Hope you came right, unfortunately most planes are listed as belong to companies and it’s not easy to find out “who” really owns it.