For the aviation fans

Lotus

21 hours ago, Bateleur1 said:

Saw it the other day.   Do you think they will go out again?

Personally I don’t think so, kind of like the SAA 747 Helderberg, it’s not in the interest of the powers that be to find out the truth.

Maybe if an independent finances the search, but according to the video Malaysian airline has to initiate the search again and the cost of finding the reason would be to much for them

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that Civil Aviation itself is a bigger problem that any specific SA airline? Or is that a question I am not allowed to ask?

5 hours ago, Bateleur1 said:

I hear a 737 crashed "from a high altitude" in China.

I also saw some headlines but info is still a bit vague. 737-800, into the side of a mountain in a remote rural area. That's one of the headlines I saw. 

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I also saw some headlines but info is still a bit vague. 737-800, into the side of a mountain in a remote rural area. That's one of the headlines I saw. 

This thing went down like a lead balloon

If this is actual footage of it crashing....

Edited by SwissVan

What were the chances of someone filming that piece of sky at the time? Or did something happen that made them look up and start videoing? I'm never that quick with my phone!

1 hour ago, Bonus said:

What were the chances of someone filming that piece of sky at the time? Or did something happen that made them look up and start videoing? I'm never that quick with my phone!

Was also wondering about that...

There's another video from a car dash cam

12 hours ago, Bonus said:

That’s because you are not wired like a reporter... Lol

Would anyone know if there is a particular reason for a heck of a lot more light aircraft landing at ORT today?

normally there are 1 or 2 interspersed during quieter periods, but today there seems to be more light aircraft than bigger ones. 

• 1 month later...

So, been off the topic for a while. We are just back from a 5 day Saudi circuit. Was hectic, top execs from the company checking on various bizz premises.  It was interesting to fly to some very different locations, some of which are clearly not part of the modern world!  The pics are the approach into Qaisumah in the north east of Saudi, Dammam in the east and then descending into Dubai Al Maktoum airport passing over Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina.

Qaisumah is an unmanned airfield, was a new experience doing these ops in Saudi. Am ised to it in SA and USA. But all worked out fine.C2DFF2B3-053A-426D-9497-821CDAAD99C6.jpeg.2b13b9a4d407956550f808ac99bd4d63.jpeg8A9291F1-9C51-4EB1-9144-E13FF4AD5544.jpeg.d217f2ed755f5890c24c86cf29f8ac6e.jpeg351766EF-D2B5-4F73-891A-D4E6B2C5303E.jpeg.bf1b6a12bf84555c87ae57285d945e4a.jpeg