[Event] 2019 PPA Sportive #1

Events Bot

150bpm .... 98 cadence .... 400 watts....

That is a triangle that would just never work for me....

In photographic terms its like f1.4 iso 100 and 1/100th where I'm more like f6.3 iso 400 to get 1/100th

The glass just isn't good enough which is why i just don't get beyong f group.

F stop!

That was one frantic start to a race... wasnt ready for that that.

Some feedback from the rest of the ride.

Sat in A until split on hels, about 10 guys rode off in the distance.

We very quickly formed a "chasing" group which was well represented by strong riders (including 2 chicks).

There were about 3 or 5 guys really keen on getting to the line and the rest seemed content with just being on their bikes.

My gripe is when we hit some momentum and starting working together, some okes (including the chicks) would position themselves upfront in the pace line and either put in no effort or peel off from 2nd or 3rd wheel causing a complete break in momentum. This continued for all of the last 50/60kms. Very frustrating!

These sportif races has so little at steak but is ideal training for the bigger rides like world champs in March etc. Riding like its a classic and saving every bit of energy for a top 20 finish makes no sense at all if we are a full 10mins behind the winner.

Kudos to the guy in the group who *** out riders for crossing the solid line.

See you at #2

Some feedback from the rest of the ride.

Sat in A until split on hels, about 10 guys rode off in the distance.

We very quickly formed a "chasing" group which was well represented by strong riders (including 2 chicks).

There were about 3 or 5 guys really keen on getting to the line and the rest seemed content with just being on their bikes.

My gripe is when we hit some momentum and starting working together, some okes (including the chicks) would position themselves upfront in the pace line and either put in no effort or peel off from 2nd or 3rd wheel causing a complete break in momentum. This continued for all of the last 50/60kms. Very frustrating!

These sportif races has so little at steak but is ideal training for the bigger rides like world champs in March etc. Riding like its a classic and saving every bit of energy for a top 20 finish makes no sense at all if we are a full 10mins behind the winner.

Kudos to the guy in the group who *** out riders for crossing the solid line.

See you at #2

I simply tell them, If you dont' wanna work, go sit in the @#$ back .   Seems to work normally.  Granted.. i'm normally very "vocal" when I get tired and don't really feel a @#%#$ about others think of me then.

Edited by Karman de Lange

Showed up late on Sunday, with a slight hangover (the main reason I was late..). Since I completely missed my starting group I seriously considered skipping the race and head back home but decided to make the best of a crappy situation and do a proper training ride.

Did an angry 97km TT from right at the back with a throbbing headache, at any given time I was towing 1 to 30 riders, depending on how long they could keep up  :devil: . Managed a sub-3 so I'm happy with the form, if only I could say the same for my punctuality the last 2 races I might have managed a decent Argus seeding!

Some feedback SNIP These sportif races has so little at steak but is ideal training for the bigger rides

See you at #2

????????????

Good to see you in the mix @babse