Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! RED! To match my red hubs.........  :ph34r:

I am pretty embarrassed by this so no need for salt thank you very much.

What's next... headset? Spacers? Top cap? Ohhh... seat clamp. Question is matchy match or mix the bling?!?

HA! RED! To match my red hubs.........  :ph34r:

I am pretty embarrassed by this so no need for salt thank you very much.

Red Bikes ARE FASTER .......

What's next... headset? Spacers? Top cap? Ohhh... seat clamp. Question is matchy match or mix the bling?!?

hahahaha shuttup... No. 

I am embarrassed enough as it is thankyouverymuch!

Well, CRC and Skynet have managed to confuse me badly. Goods arrived at ORT within 2 days. I get a shipping invoice showing 3 items instead of 4, i.e only one rim. I advise CRC who confirm that I did order and pay for 2 rims.

I wait to see what arrives after paying some Vat and handling fees - (Around R500 in total). I am advised customs had released my goods yesterday. Arrive at the office today to find a massive box in the boardroom. It has 1 solitary rim in it and the invoice with it only lists the one rim.

I have put 2 and 5 together and got 8  - that is that the order was split and the remaining three items are still on their way. I hope my maths is good....

Well, CRC and Skynet have managed to confuse me badly. Goods arrived at ORT within 2 days. I get a shipping invoice showing 3 items instead of 4, i.e only one rim. I advise CRC who confirm that I did order and pay for 2 rims.

I wait to see what arrives after paying some Vat and handling fees - (Around R500 in total). I am advised customs had released my goods yesterday. Arrive at the office today to find a massive box in the boardroom. It has 1 solitary rim in it and the invoice with it only lists the one rim.

I have put 2 and 5 together and got 8 - that is that the order was split and the remaining three items are still on their way. I hope my maths is good....

Well at least you can build the back wheel so long? Or are there hubs/spokes in the other box?

Hopefully your rim lasts longer than the i29 on @cjvan back wheel. But he seems to need the services of a lawyer on Helderberg's double after the road gap. Maybe your in-house services are less brutal?

Well at least you can build the back wheel so long? Or are there hubs/spokes in the other box?

Hopefully your rim lasts longer than the i29 on @cjvan back wheel. But he seems to need the services of a lawyer on Helderberg's double after the road gap. Maybe your in-house services are less brutal?

I need hubs for the wheels too - I'm getting rid of the silly Spaz 28/24 spoke arrangement and going 32. I'll order the spokes locally once I have measured up the rims and hubs. 

At the moment I'm having to explain to Skynet whats going on and point out that there are two invoices with different tracking numbers...eish. 

For some reason my bike sometimes does not want to clear the doubles, but at least my bike can turn left.  I know a guy with a Giant Trance and his bike does not like turning left.....

I might need to case that double a bit harder.  Upgrading your rear wheel is always best to do with an insurance claim. :whistling: 

For some reason my bike sometimes does not want to clear the doubles, but at least my bike can turn left. I know a guy with a Giant Trance and his bike does not like turning left.....

I might need to case that double a bit harder. Upgrading your rear wheel is always best to do with an insurance claim. :whistling:

That Trance can turn left. The squishy bit behind the handlebar seems to have a problem with certain directional changes though.

7dbf8870bfc7f866a46e3b33df6d576e.jpg

I have put 2 and 5 together and got 8  - that is that the order was split and the remaining three items are still on their way. I hope my maths is good....

Ish, you might end up paying a clearance+handling fee on each parcel..hope I'm wrong.

I just tested it by adding to basket and there seems to be no issue at all

Darn.. I want some, they are nice quality, I have held it in my hands and a mate had one on his Tallboy.  A bargain at that! The shops had them for R3500 a set. 

Darn.. I want some, they are nice quality, I have held it in my hands and a mate had one on his Tallboy.  A bargain at that! The shops had them for R3500 a set. 

Heard word that they are a bit prone to breaking according to a ginger wheelbuilder and a hulk smash riding buddy. 

I'd be looking about for an X2 for that bad boy! I've had the DPX2 recently and found it very supportive throughout. I very good little shock that performs brilliantly but I recently upgraded to the X2 and it's awesome... total difference, which is a little weird because I had it on my Orange Stage 5 and hated it. On the Ripmo though it's perfect which again is a little odd as the original DPX2 has been tuned specifically for that frame but I just found it a bit too 'taunt' throughout the travel even after fettling. 

I've been on the seach for an X2 but all the ones I see are for 200m lenghts, I think my bike needs 182mm or somewhere around there. Keen to see the differnece from an DPX2