Stolen: look triathlon 2015 (Cape Town)

montecristo

Stolen: look triathlon 2015
When: 14 February 2019
Where: Cape Town, Western Cape

I have information regarding a stolen look triathlon bike like the one in the picture. I happened to stumble across a guy who was trying to sell this bicycle for R2000. It immediately raised my suspicion. Contact me if you are the owner of a bike like this. The bike was stolen early morning on valentine's day , I would think around southern suburbs cape town area. I have information that could lead to recovery and lead to the arrest of the suspect.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stolen: look triathlon 2015

When: 14 February 2019

Where: Cape Town, Western Cape

I have information regarding a stolen look triathlon bike like the one in the picture. I happened to stumble across a guy who was trying to sell this bicycle for R2000. It immediately raised my suspicion. Contact me if you are the owner of a bike like this. The bike was stolen early morning on valentine's day , I would think around southern suburbs cape town area. I have information that could lead to recovery and lead to the arrest of the suspect.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

if you have info on anything stolen, especially if the perp can be nailed in possession of the stolen goods, you should have reported it to the police like toute de suite. I really hope you have already.

Good job being vigilant.

Hoping and praying the Kingpin behind this stolen bike syndicate is not an active hubber and raises the alarm to the perp!!

Hope this bike is recovered and suspect charged!!

Hi,

thanks for the alert... I am currently out of country, and if it wasn´t for the altert I would not have known...

Police is already notified...and on the way...

Please keep an eye for it... let me know if you see it around...

Thanks,

Davidson

if you have info on anything stolen, especially if the perp can be nailed in possession of the stolen goods, you should have reported it to the police like toute de suite. I really hope you have already.

Good job being vigilant.

I was not 100 percent sure at the time that the bike was stolen. The owner contacted me this morning , he did not even know his bike was stolen because he is out of the country. So even if I did contact the police the bike would not have been reported at the time.

why i dont get it?

someone had his bike stolen, then someone google a photo of the said bike and posts the first pic he finds on it, i see the bike is listed on gumtree for sale? so the pictures are available on the interwebs?

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-road-bikes/kenilworth/look-tt-triathlon-ironman/1003970167870910000116909

What is so confusing about this? You are then able to find pictures of the bike online? This is exactly why no one tries to help one another anymore because of critical people. What do you suggest I do? Ignore what I saw and continue like nothing happened???

hmmmm was posted at 02:24... This is lank strange.

The bike was advertised on Gumtree in January, that is where the picture comes from the OP. 

What is strange about posting something at 02:24? If you have nothing to say then do not say anything. I am trying to help someone find their bike that has been stolen from them. Would you not want someone to do that for you if your bike was stolen.