Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

I have Bose QC 35's which I use on a daily basis with my phone. I've seen quite a few articles rating the Sony's better. I nearly bought a pair last year, but initial impression was they they were not as comfortable.

Ditto.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have the same Sony’s.

The challenge with them is the microphone is not noise cancelling. The earphones are and they are amazing!!!

Gotcha. But I was also hinting that one of you takes a hike to get out of earshot......

Ditto.

+1 on this. Use them 5-8 hours daily. Would not hesitate to replace them with another set. 

+1 on this. Use them 5-8 hours daily. Would not hesitate to replace them with another set.

100%. The Bose sound is quite flat and boring if you're an audiophile but the noise cancelling and comfort is what makes these cans so great. Also been wearing mine for about the same amount of hours every working day for the last 3 years. Yes they're super expensive but the use I've gotten out of them make them worth the money. Would be keen to try the Sony's with their next iteration as their the gestures seem really convenient. Edited by NeverNotRolling

Got roughly 9 months on my senheiser BTNC 4.50's 

and im A bit on the fence

Music quality is great 

Build quality is great 

Battery life is great 

Comfort is Good but could be better ( my melon might just be the wrong shape)

BUT..

The bluetooth sucks , it's actually not bad , connects very fast but it'll constantly get this choppy vibe as it quickly disconnects and reconnects or misses a signal or whatever 

this willl happen once every few minutes or A couple quick and then again in a short while and to say it's FUC*ING annoying is A Gross understatement 

I now only use them with the cable provided and all is good but still , I pad for bluetooth headphones and I can't use them like that 

Emailing the distributor helps nothing 

Wish I had the bucks for the Bose 

My sentiments exactly, though the sputtering isn't really an issue for me. It only happens when the phone switches between WiFi & Mobile data. I know some bluetooth can be sensitive to WiFi connections (my laptop does the same, but with ALL BT headies and ALL the time) 

For the price I paid for them (R 1,500 or so before e-bucks on a takealot sale) the sputtering isn't as much of an issue for me. 

Got roughly 9 months on my senheiser BTNC 4.50's

and im A bit on the fence

Music quality is great

Build quality is great

Battery life is great

Comfort is Good but could be better ( my melon might just be the wrong shape)

BUT..

The bluetooth sucks , it's actually not bad , connects very fast but it'll constantly get this choppy vibe as it quickly disconnects and reconnects or misses a signal or whatever

this willl happen once every few minutes or A couple quick and then again in a short while and to say it's FUC*ING annoying is A Gross understatement

I now only use them with the cable provided and all is good but still , I pad for bluetooth headphones and I can't use them like that

Emailing the distributor helps nothing

Wish I had the bucks for the Bose

Are you using an android phone? There's a way to change your connection in developer mode.

Are you using an android phone? There's a way to change your connection in developer mode.

I am, what steps do I take?

As myles said, I do only use mine in A heavy wifi traffic area,.... So might ne part of the problem but still miffed

I am, what steps do I take?

As myles said, I do only use mine in A heavy wifi traffic area,.... So might ne part of the problem but still miffed

Essentially you need to put your device into developer mode. You may need to Google how to do it on your device. On mine I go to Settings > About phone > Tap Build number button about 7 times.

Next, I go to settings again > system > developer options. Then hopefully you'll see the option to change the quality/connection settings. Worth a try. 441eb8e038ea55b76a779ce0b4ba9d0a.jpg

I can only select aptX or SBC 

don't know what either means

Those are just different codecs. Are there no settings wrt to different connection options somewhere in the developer options menu?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently got myself some Sony XM4's as my Bose QC 20's are on their way out.

Was a tough decision to switch from in-ear to over ear. I wanted cable free, but didn't want to look like I had rhino beetles or electric toothbrush heads in my ears.

I commute via bus most days, (about 1.5hrs/day total), so these weren't for cycling or sport.

I was also torn between the Bose NC700's and the Sony's. The Bose look cool, and are "different" (*loads of people here have the Sony XM3/XM4).

In the end I went with the Sony as they were $100 (about R1000) cheaper, and in every review I have read or watched the Sony come out tops.

Anyway, so far so good. Great noise cancelling. Loads of features. Comfortable. Will see how they hold up after 6 months of daily use and abuse.

Recently got myself some Sony XM4's as my Bose QC 20's are on their way out.

Was a tough decision to switch from in-ear to over ear. I wanted cable free, but didn't want to look like I had rhino beetles or electric toothbrush heads in my ears.

I commute via bus most days, (about 1.5hrs/day total), so these weren't for cycling or sport.

I was also torn between the Bose NC700's and the Sony's. The Bose look cool, and are "different" (*loads of people here have the Sony XM3/XM4).

In the end I went with the Sony as they were $100 (about R1000) cheaper, and in every review I have read or watched the Sony come out tops.

Anyway, so far so good. Great noise cancelling. Loads of features. Comfortable. Will see how they hold up after 6 months of daily use and abuse.

I use the XM3’s as my Microsoft Teams headset. Use them daily for 2-4 hours a day and they are rock solid. I reckon you will be fine.

I use the XM3’s as my Microsoft Teams headset. Use them daily for 2-4 hours a day and they are rock solid. I reckon you will be fine.

Likewise, my XM3s are my daily office wear headset. For 2-4 hours a day they are great, for 8 hour virtual workshops you can get a bit tired of them, but I reckon that would be true of all options. 

The Sony's dominate my office here, I reckon up to 75% market share.

Now that I have been able to do some flights for work they are also my music headphones for the plane. Although the newer noise-cancelling tech is better, the music quality in my 8 year old Sony MDR1's is far superior (more depth & immersion, richer bass). The downside is that the old tech is heavier and bulkier, and not bluetooth enabled, so its a less versatile system to take on a work trip.