Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the recommendation.

Just out of curiosity, why would you never run outdoors with headphones?

Hearing is the sense that keeps me alive running on our roads. You hear a car/truck /taxi approaching before seeing it.

Even on road races the amount of irrate taxis and motorist who simply ignore the marshals and drive trough intersections are unreal. With headphones my concentration would be elsewhere and I won't hear the Marshall shouting at me to watch out.

But for threatmill or track running music is great.

I prefer the sound of nature when I do trails so no headphones there either.

My conclusion from the video is to get the Sony WF-1000XM3 buds he spoke about in the videos which will be cheaper or at the very least the same price as the air pods. He mentions that they are superior in every way except for basically the size of the case and connecting to a device which you do once when you get the earphones.

Hearing is the sense that keeps me alive running on our roads. You hear a car/truck /taxi approaching before seeing it.

Even on road races the amount of irrate taxis and motorist who simply ignore the marshals and drive trough intersections are unreal. With headphones my concentration would be elsewhere and I won't hear the Marshall shouting at me to watch out.

But for threatmill or track running music is great.

I prefer the sound of nature when I do trails so no headphones there either.

fair enough.

I don’t live in South Africa.

I run on running paths that are not shared with motor vehicles at all.

Auckland is way different to South Africa for runners and cyclists.

I dont get it, how is that a special?

Everywhere that I have seen these they have been cheaper than that.

I've only seen them for R6-6.5k locally (admittedly not alot of shopping around for them) Seen them alot less internationally though.

I've only seen them for R6-6.5k locally (admittedly not alot of shopping around for them) Seen them alot less internationally though.

Yeah, should probably have qualified that.

I am talking about outside of SA.

Even with currency conversions, they go for around  R4000 

• 6 months later...

Got roughly 9 months on my senheiser BTNC 4.50's 

and im A bit on the fence

Music quality is great 

Build quality is great 

Battery life is great 

Comfort is Good but could be better ( my melon might just be the wrong shape)

BUT..

The bluetooth sucks , it's actually not bad , connects very fast but it'll constantly get this choppy vibe as it quickly disconnects and reconnects or misses a signal or whatever 

this willl happen once every few minutes or A couple quick and then again in a short while and to say it's FUC*ING annoying is A Gross understatement 

I now only use them with the cable provided and all is good but still , I pad for bluetooth headphones and I can't use them like that 

Emailing the distributor helps nothing 

Wish I had the bucks for the Bose 

I have Bose QC 35's which I use on a daily basis with my phone. I've seen quite a few articles rating the Sony's better. I nearly bought a pair last year, but initial impression was they they were not as comfortable.

I got myself a pair of the Sony WH-1000XM3' at the start of lockdown for use as a videoconferencing headset. Not as good a manufacturing quality and comfort as my 6 year old MDR-1's, but the sound and noise cancelling is great. They fold into a much more compact space as well.

I was on a call last week with someone on the other side of the city, when I could hear a loud jet plane noise picked up by the others persons mike- they apologised, stopped talking for a while and said it was a loud fighter jet flypast. The noise-cancelling was so good I never heard the same plane at all when it flew over our suburb, but my youngster in the local school down the road said it was really, really, really loud !

I have been struggling to find a work headset.

I share a home office with my wife, and sometimes we are on the same MS Teams meeting (we work for the same company)

The challenge I have is when I speak, I can hear myself in my headset as aural feedback, but i get a slightly delayed second audio stream through my wife's microphone. It is quite disconcerting and throws me off.

I have been looking into Noise Cancelling Call centre headsets with a noice cancelling microphone.

Anyone have any advice?

I share a home office with my wife, and sometimes we are on the same MS Teams meeting (we work for the same company)

The challenge I have is when I speak, I can hear myself in my headset as aural feedback, but i get a slightly delayed second audio stream through my wife's microphone. It is quite disconcerting and throws me off.

I have been looking into Noise Cancelling Call centre headsets with a noice cancelling microphone.

Anyone have any advice?

WP, the Sony's as per my post above ?

For meetings I did not need to look at the screen for, I could wonder outside, skim leaves off the pool, all whilst bluetooth connected. The range is pretty good !

WP, the Sony's as per my post above ?

For meetings I did not need to look at the screen for, I could wonder outside, skim leaves off the pool, all whilst bluetooth connected. The range is pretty good !

I already have the same Sony’s.

The challenge with them is the microphone is not noise cancelling. The earphones are and they are amazing!!!

Anyone have any advice?

I suggest just muting the person who is not speaking's mike, and only un-muting when he/she needs to speak?