[Event] Two Oceans "Wolfpack Hustle" Crash Race 2019

nicsname

I winged a qualifying time in the Sanlam marathon then it seemed like a good idea to enter the Ultra cause that's what you do innit... 

Then life happened and training didn't :-( 

See you on the start line. If you're keen to do the ride in your running clothes then gap it down to the start I will tag along!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the road closures now - I'd be fighting them the whole way. 

How many beers are available?  :ph34r:

Otherwise maybe riding there and back as well wouldn't be a terrible idea.

There will be somewhere between 24 to 48 of Charles Glass's finest ;) 

No zars necessary and you wont be left in the dust either! I usually cruise at the back somewhere around 20 - 25km/h. Fast enough to make it, but slow enough to chat :) The main goal is just to have a play, take in chappies at full moon and then share war stories at the end!

For the racing snakes, we have a special bottle of Wolfpack Hustle beer for the first male and female, as well as first mountain bike and single speed home. 

Everyone else gets a cold castle out the cooler box  :thumbup: 

Ok, that was the clincher - The Mrs and I will be there.

We are trying to rope in an extra mate each

See you on the start line. If you're keen to do the ride in your running clothes then gap it down to the start I will tag along!

Don't stay **** like that to me, I'm dumb enough to accept the challenge! lol 

Good luck, hope the training went well?

Don't stay **** like that to me, I'm dumb enough to accept the challenge! lol 

Good luck, hope the training went well?

hahaha well, I've been toying with the idea so......

Training is going well. Saturday is '2nd last long run' before MacMac 100 miler in May so there will be no speedy heroics. 

I am judging by your previous comments you are doing the classic tri athlete start line approach.. 'I'm so under trained/injured/sick I will be lucky to even finish' then scream off with a puff of none of those things! hahahahaha

Edited by Jewbacca

hahaha well, I've been toying with the idea so......

Training is going well. Saturday is '2nd last long run' before MacMac 100 miler in April so there will be no speedy heroics. 

I am judging by your previous comments you are doing the classic tri athlete start line approach.. 'I'm so under trained/injured/sick I will be lucky to even finish' then scream off with a puff of none of those things! hahahahaha

LMAO no screaming off for me at all! I'll try and finish in sub 6, I honestly just want to finish this Ultra. 

Good Luck with the Macmac 100 Miler.. Actually WTF dude??? Much respect, hope that goes well too! 

jinne this looks lekker!  I'm pretty sure I'm too slow (and on MTB) to keep up with the tail-enders though...if I have to bail en route, what would the best options be?  I won't mind bailing and then meandering back (might bring a mate along), but quite keen to do Chappies by moonlight, though...

(and no, I'm not one of those saying I'm undertrained and unfit - I'm a 5-hour Argus type, so would very possibly not make cut-off...)

jinne this looks lekker!  I'm pretty sure I'm too slow (and on MTB) to keep up with the tail-enders though...if I have to bail en route, what would the best options be?  I won't mind bailing and then meandering back (might bring a mate along), but quite keen to do Chappies by moonlight, though...

(and no, I'm not one of those saying I'm undertrained and unfit - I'm a 5-hour Argus type, so would very possibly not make cut-off...)

Once we get to Fishhoek I'd say the best option is just to stick with it - we have no cut off, so no problem with cruising at your own pace!

We can expect the leaders of the half to get to the top of Southern Cross drive, joining us at the 47/8km mark, at around 6:30ish. So if you can do that 47km in 2/2.15 hours you'll have a clear road all the way, if not you can cheer them on as you meander back. For reference, strava says the front guys did 1h26ish last year for the whole route, while the back guys did it between 2h30 to 2h50ish (on mtbs). We have range :thumbup:

(Ps: Even if runners are on the route when the back markers get there, my personal experience is that the traffic police have always been happy to let us through.)

Sounds awesome...  also beer allocation for first e-bike home??   :)

Of the castle variety ;)