Any other Early Bird for 2020, full entry fee payment 3 times???

Fernando Ibiza

Hi,

just to find out, and let others know, at least another rider and myself were lucky and fast with early birds for 2020, BUT were not so lucky cause the bank charged 2 and even 3 times the full entry fee. Still waiting for the refund, but no news for the moment....

Anyone else here?

Hi,

just to find out, and let others know, at least another rider and myself were lucky and fast with early birds for 2020, BUT were not so lucky cause the bank charged 2 and even 3 times the full entry fee. Still waiting for the refund, but no news for the moment....

Anyone else here?

Hola Fernando

Yo tengo el mismo problema, me puedes contar q pasos has seguido para hacer lo mismo

Gracias de antemano

Hola Fernando

Yo tengo el mismo problema, me puedes contar q pasos has seguido para hacer lo mismo

Gracias de antemano

for us English speaking people:

"Hello Fernando

I have the same problem, you can tell me what steps you have followed to do the same  

Thanks in advance"

Edited by Robbie Stewart

Just for interest' sake...it is the ABSA Cape Epic...

Focussing on the ABSA bit. A big bank in SA as main sponsor (for the foreigners reading this thread).

Are the banks using this triple-entry fee bank-charge as upfront funding, fully intended to refund later, sans interest - almost like they scheme "no harm, no foul"?

Hmmmm...

Hola Fernando

Gracias de antemano

Hi epictarmac and everyone. ABSA has many "small banks" like Barclays Mauritius which by the way was the bank that received the  money at least for those early birds entries... may be Absa saving some taxes???? At last the own Mauritius bank fixed the problem. Wasn`t Cape Epic issue they said. Might be true, but no help from them, just good words. And a good week of headache for me and my bank here. Hope you get it solved quickly!!!

Hi epictarmac and everyone. ABSA has many "small banks" like Barclays Mauritius which by the way was the bank that received the  money at least for those early birds entries... may be Absa saving some taxes???? At last the own Mauritius bank fixed the problem. Wasn`t Cape Epic issue they said. Might be true, but no help from them, just good words. And a good week of headache for me and my bank here. Hope you get it solved quickly!!!

Hi Fernando,

Same problem here. They refunded ... but in my case not the exact amount (small differences due to currency, maybe?). I asked for the difference, around 50€ in my case... See if they make the full refund. 

regards y saludos desde euskadi!

Iker A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Fernando,

Same problem here. They refunded ... but in my case not the exact amount (small differences due to currency, maybe?). I asked for the difference, around 50€ in my case... See if they make the full refund. 

regards y saludos desde euskadi!

Iker A

All money refunded... including the remaining 50€.

So situation restored. 

The cape epic organization has been very supportive and insistent with their bank until situation has been fully restored.

Thanks to Nathalie Diacon - Athlete Services Coordiantor - for helping with this until it has been resolved.

back to training!

;-)