Tour de Yorkshire 2019

SwissVan

Cav was never going to sprint he was looking for an excuse not to from 1km to go. Getting boxed in, letting his train go, letting the wheels he pretended to search for go (twice), this guy is full of excuses... Missile??? Wet limp noodle is a better name.

I think DD is his retirement plan. Needs to hand in his wings as he has lost the edge. No longer Top Gun.

He did a lot of head butting and shoukdering for a man riding on wet gunpowder!

He did a lot of head butting and shoukdering for a man riding on wet gunpowder!

He certainly did try for a while and was quite "physical" like you said. He however waited too long in my opinion  and was then swamped and gave up.

Personally I think he just did not have the legs and therefore the confidence to go for a long sprint. 

I am not writing him off as yet but he has a long way to go if he wants to compete with the top sprinters again.

He certainly did try for a while and was quite "physical" like you said. He however waited too long in my opinion and was then swamped and gave up.

Personally I think he just did not have the legs and therefore the confidence to go for a long sprint.

I am not writing him off as yet but he has a long way to go if he wants to compete with the top sprinters again.

Agreed. The look on his face suggested that he was already gassed before the swamoing happened.

To be fair he did react to the swamp but was already being bounced around like a skittle by then...

His explanation ....6d82668c536a3e7911266dcd68311d56.jpg

Seems to be lacking in confidence. One thing that Cav has done in the past, is come back when people wrote him off. He’s been dead to me for the last 12months. Let’s hope he can prove me wrong.

Edited by Fred van Vlaanderen

He certainly did try for a while and was quite "physical" like you said. He however waited too long in my opinion  and was then swamped and gave up.

When did a sprinter ever make a come back? Their shelf life is limited. And there will always be the young guns coming up.

I think its more about Cav the brand nowadays, just having him start is what the value in him is.

When did a sprinter ever make a come back? Their shelf life is limited. And there will always be the young guns coming up.

I think its more about Cav the brand nowadays, just having him start is what the value in him is.

Cav himself has come back after being written off - it looks unlikely but I’m hopeful for both TDD and his legacy